U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2006, 07:52 PM

14 posts, read 33,551 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I am a single mom of three sons only two would be with me. I am thinking about moving up to north georgia above atlanta. I really do not want to live near atlanta but above it or to the west of it. My exhusband lives up there and it would be easier for me to move so he can see the kids and take them on the weekends again. I firmly believe that fathers should spend time with their kids. Its hard on my ex and my sons because i live in south georgia and neither of us have the money right now to commute the children back and forth. So i am researching the best possible small city to move to. I am from a small town so thats what im use to. I do not like large cities. I would rather live out in the country area. I am currently researching the cities up there. I also want to be closer to larger areas of native americans so i can also research my heritage and hopefully soon join a local tribe there. I am currently a house parent for a community mental health forensics home. I enjoy my job so i would like to get a day shift job doing that. I also have an associates degree in medical laboratory technology. I have not passed my boards yet but have every intention of passing my boards. I looked at Ellijay, Georgia and it seems to have great statistics low crime rate all the way around. If you live in Ellijay, georgia any information you could send me would be greatly appreciated. Also if you could let me know if you do know of the state jobs up there since i am already a state worker all i have to do is transfer up north to that area. Thanks MJ aka fireyspirit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2006, 08:21 AM

92 posts, read 609,414 times
I don't live in Ellijay, but it is familiar to me. I try to get up that way as much as possible because some of the best mountain biking trails in Georgia are up there. Since I've lived here (Atl) Ellijay has grown dramatically!!! I can't believe the difference between my first trip up there and 4 years ago to now. I think everytime I head up that way I notice something that has changed. It is a beautiful area of Georgia and you are right in the Cohutta mountain range, which has great hiking, camping, boating, biking....
[moderator CUT]

B

Last edited by Marka; 05-02-2006 at 09:24 AM..

Old 01-24-2007, 01:13 PM

14 posts, read 33,551 times
Default Still considering leaving havent yet

Thanks for the reply. Here i am now still considering moving. This time however not with my exhusband lol. He moved down here now i am still thinking about moving up to ellijay. I went up there to visit and fell in love with the area. IT felt like home. Ive been taking a lot of time to think about what i want to do. I dont want to live here in thomasville anymore. I have friends that live up in ellijay so it will be easier for me to move up there. Dont know exactly when ill be leaving but hopefully its soon. Thanks all..fireyspirit66

Old 01-24-2007, 01:36 PM

89 posts, read 92,483 times
Ellijay or Moderator cut: Removed as its known is not really a good city if your used to small town living. Its starting to turn into the burbs of Atlanta and is getting massive amounts of Floridians moving to that area. The crime is starting to rise a little bit and its growing to fast for its own good. Its crowded on the weekends especially in the fall time as the weekend warriors come up. Its definetly not country and whats left is getting sub-divided from developers that arent even from that area. I just wouldnt reccomend Ellijay if you dont like cities because it soon will be one.

Last edited by xxman777; 01-24-2007 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or