U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2019, 03:55 AM

37 posts, read 82,362 times

Advertisements

Currently living in Fla county of more than 1 million. Previously lived for years in Ohio city of 50,000. I'm considering returning to Ohio and offer of transfer to Floyd County near Rome came along. It looms like a nice place, lower population is a positive - I've sat behind as many seas of red taillights on each leg of my commute to work as I care to in this lifetime. Looks like the cost of living is low, has a farmers market or two, parks to enjoy, possibly a good place for this senior to consider. Any input about what life in Floyd County is like would be welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2019, 06:16 AM

777 posts, read 303,913 times
If you like baseball the Braves keep their A team there and the stadium is really nice. And there are a good number of hiking trails just north of town, not to mention Berry College which has an insane amount of trails and is one of the largest college campuses in the country.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:00 PM

11 posts, read 48,515 times
I had a job in Rome and relocated from NJ. I did not like Rome too much personally and needed to be close so my wife had opportunity toward ATL to get work (she did and we would never move back North). We concentrated on Acworth Cobb County and ended up in Emerson, GA (Bartow County & No Kids). Commute was an hour, but almost zero traffic going into Rome. I left that job and never go back to Rome. Cobb county has the better schools that may not matter if you are a Sr. and may find a carpool as a lot of people in my company commuted from Cobb also (due to the schools). I would highly consider renting and exploring areas to find what you like before you buy. PS My sister moved from NJ and also chose to live in Cobb County (Acworth). The company I worked for relocated some offices to NYC because it was just too far from ATL and the airports. If you want to be away from the city, Rome is kind of its own island and that may suit you. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:16 PM

14 posts, read 15,378 times
I, too would love to know the nicer areas of Rome Ga. My wife and I are trying to find something in the rural part of Rome.

I had heard Rome's crime is going up.

I would appreciate any input on Rome, where the rural areas are and the areas to stay away from.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or