U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 05:55 PM

22,790 posts, read 34,826,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
Can I get an amen?

Some folks are a bit afraid of this lady's power. They should be.
They are, hence the smokescreening by our resident Troglodytes. Nothing will come of this stupid investigation.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:38 AM

867 posts, read 351,475 times
Senate elections are vastly different than Gubernatorial elections.

Abrams has shown to be a poor loser and is now under investigation.

The telling thing will be how much of the revolving debt she has paid off if any by the time the Senate race starts.

Old 04-15-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
In what way?

Old 04-16-2019, 12:18 PM

5,148 posts, read 3,591,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
In those immortal words of my favorite president, ďLock her upĒ.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:12 PM

5,981 posts, read 3,361,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Senate elections are vastly different than Gubernatorial elections.

The telling thing will be how much of the revolving debt she has paid off if any by the time the Senate race starts.
And how itís paid off. She had a ton of debt...over $200K between IRS, credit cards and student loans. If by 2020 itís magically turned to zero I would like specifics. Donít get me wrong, if she gets speaking fees, writes more books, etc. it could be taken care of fairly easily.

What I donít want to see is that she pays herself off via some PAC fund that sheís president of.

The good thing if she does run in 2020 is that Perdue will need to raise his game. He has already stated he would only run for 2 terms, which would work in his favor I think.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
And how it’s paid off. She had a ton of debt...over $200K between IRS, credit cards and student loans. If by 2020 it’s magically turned to zero I would like specifics. Don’t get me wrong, if she gets speaking fees, writes more books, etc. it could be taken care of fairly easily.

What I don’t want to see is that she pays herself off via some PAC fund that she’s president of.

The good thing if she does run in 2020 is that Perdue will need to raise his game. He has already stated he would only run for 2 terms, which would work in his favor I think.
And yet, no mention of this sleazy bit of business.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...fAmQOTYh9GFzM/

You're not kidding anybody with this foolishness.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:09 AM

5,981 posts, read 3,361,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
And yet, no mention of this sleazy bit of business.

https://www.ajc.com/news/state--regi...fAmQOTYh9GFzM/

You're not kidding anybody with this foolishness.
I donít recall giving Kemp any kudos either. Aside from the amount and the claim, there doesnít seem to be any details about the settlement. If he paid it with third party money then it should be made public.

But in Abramsí case she knowingly and willingly chose to not pay her taxes and then ran for governor. Not only knowingly, but seemed to almost brag about it.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:53 AM

15,320 posts, read 27,461,888 times
This thread is about Abrams and not Kemp. Keep the off topic posts up and the thread will lock.

Old 04-17-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I donít recall giving Kemp any kudos either. Aside from the amount and the claim, there doesnít seem to be any details about the settlement. If he paid it with third party money then it should be made public.

But in Abramsí case she knowingly and willingly chose to not pay her taxes and then ran for governor. Not only knowingly, but seemed to almost brag about it.
This is a blatant misrepresentation of what transpired.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/st...ms-back-taxes/

Tragic that a black woman is castigated for taking responsibility for her family's financial difficulties, but a white man gets a free pass for far more egregious activity.

Old 04-17-2019, 11:53 AM

867 posts, read 351,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
This is a blatant misrepresentation of what transpired.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/st...ms-back-taxes/

Tragic that a black woman is castigated for taking responsibility for her family's financial difficulties, but a white man gets a free pass for far more egregious activity.

Kemp didn't get a free pass. It was in litigation and now he has met the obligations of whatever was ordered by the courts. That is very different from a person who was running for public office owing back income taxes despite funneling herself almost a million dollars over a 5 year period from non profits she was in control of. This doesn't even take into account the credit card debt and student loan debt which isn't a big deal as a lot of Americans have that. Who on earth would hand the checkbook and credit card of the State to someone with such economic illiteracy? Abrams has the money to pay off the debts she chose not to. She is wealthy and part of the elite. She attended and graduated from Yale Law School for heavens sakes. She isn't some persecuted person like you are trying to make out. Funny how snopes couldn't include the info that local news agencies were able to dig up about Abrams actual financial situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia