U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were is next hotspot for growth in georgia?
Augusta 83 32.94%
Columbus 84 33.33%
Macon 38 15.08%
Savannah 83 32.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 02:30 AM

594 posts, read 3,224,279 times

Advertisements

well so you think building highrise hotels and buildings buildings is going to make a city major i dont think so in my opionion what makes a city major is the people living in the city and the jobs in the city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 AM

726 posts, read 2,552,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam 5 View Post
ok what ever im not going to argure with people i was just saying that a city needs to have at least 100,000 or more to become a major city and yerocal population does mean a lot in a city is that why macons music hall of fame and macons sports hall of fame maybe possibly moving to atlanta because macon does not have enough people in the city to support it because people say that the place is dead and there is hardly no vistors so population does mean alot in a city you have to have alot of population in a city to keep businesses open and running because if not it will shut and close down and move to a bigger city with alot more population of people and i think the reason why these businesses shut down and go to bigger citys is because theres a more population of people there and the more population you have in a city the more customers and business you will get
But if you listen to what you are exacting saying it does not make logical sense. I live in Macon and I have not heard anything about any plans plans or proposals to moved the halls to Atlanta... Also the reason the Halls are low in money is not because of NO visitor traffic, the State cut funds for the halls and to make up for the lost the city of Macon has passed a hotel/motel tax to pay for the funds cut by the state.... this goes back to what i mention to you early research before you post.....

Old 10-19-2008, 11:10 AM

Quote:
well so you think building highrise hotels and buildings buildings is going to make a city major i dont think so in my opionion what makes a city major is the people living in the city and the jobs in the city
I see you don't like to read much, i just explained to you what makes a city Major, and surely its not population. If that was the case,then Atlanta wouldn't be Major, because there are lots of US cities which are way smaller than Atlanta but has just a much or larger pop,but are not considered major. But who cares, besides.....Your are exactly right, "in your opinion" what makes a city major is the people living in the city and the jobs in the city.. But thats not what the world uses just you ONLY ......

Old 10-19-2008, 11:41 AM

no i read what you wrote and i understand what you are talking about also

Old 10-19-2008, 11:50 AM

how far is macon from columbus because im thinking about driving to macon and visiting macon to see what its like there i no everytime i drive threw parts of columbus on that highway or interstate called jr allen parkway that goes threw north columbus i see a sign everytime on that highway or interstate and it says that macon is 96 miles from columbus i thought macon was closer than that because i thought macon was only 60 or 70 miles from columbus but i guess macon is not

Old 10-19-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
how far is macon from columbus because im thinking about driving to macon and visiting macon to see what its like there i no everytime i drive threw parts of columbus on that highway or interstate called jr allen parkway that goes threw north columbus i see a sign everytime on that highway or interstate and it says that macon is 96 miles from columbus i thought macon was closer than that because i thought macon was only 60 or 70 miles from columbus but i guess macon is not
Macon to Columbus is about 82miles on US hwy 80.......

Old 10-19-2008, 12:41 PM

yerocal is there bad traffic there in macon because i hate driving in bad traffic so let me no if yaw have bad traffic in macon because i need to no before i drive up there and visit macon because i dont want to be sitting in traffic jams

Old 10-19-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
yerocal is there bad traffic there in Macon because i hate driving in bad traffic so let me no if yaw have bad traffic in Macon because i need to no before i drive up there and visit Macon because i don't want to be sitting in traffic jams
It depends on what time of the when and what time of day you planning on coming....M-F. Between 7-9am and 3-5pm its pretty dense.....But sat & sun. are okay..... it not like Atlanta traffic....

Old 10-19-2008, 02:29 PM

oh ok

Old 10-19-2008, 06:24 PM

4,468 posts, read 7,267,717 times
Bravo Jam 5. Actually taking the initiative and visiting Macon instead of battling it online. We should all do what Jam is doing and take the time to visit our neighboring Georgia cities so we can learn more about our state's history, see how development has come along and to just explore all of what our state has to offer. Not battle over who got this development first or which city has the tallest building, etc.

Now, if we can only improve on those run on sentences... and saying "y'all" correctly. LOL (I kid, I kid)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or