U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were is next hotspot for growth in georgia?
Augusta 83 32.94%
Columbus 84 33.33%
Macon 38 15.08%
Savannah 83 32.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 08:34 PM

8,190 posts, read 12,291,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
I understand what you were "trying" to say, but it seem as if you where implying that Macon and Columbus has less reconigition than any of the other 2nd tier Ga cities.... And MY question: what's was your point?
My response was as clear as can be. I said nothing about "other 2nd tier Ga cities," because the statement I was responding to wasn't about other 2nd tier Ga cities; it was about Columbus and Macon. Hence, my response concerned....you guessed it....Columbus and Macon. If you couldn't see that, then frankly that's not my problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 10:00 PM

642 posts, read 1,038,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
My response was as clear as can be. I said nothing about "other 2nd tier Ga cities," because the statement I was responding to wasn't about other 2nd tier Ga cities; it was about Columbus and Macon. Hence, my response concerned....you guessed it....Columbus and Macon. If you couldn't see that, then frankly that's not my problem.
Its not my problem, because frankly i can care less.....

Old 04-16-2009, 10:20 PM

4,464 posts, read 7,261,198 times
Quote:
That just flew over your head.

Aside from that, in Columbus & Macon's defense, yes, it does have regional recognition. It has similar recognition as places such as Athens or Valdosta.
Before anyone in Macon or Columbus comes back with something in defense, I will say that that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Every one of these cities are growing and have a positive perception among people. There are good things going on in Georgia!

Finally, I will say that, yes, there are also people I know who haven't a clue about Macon, Columbus, or Valdosta outside of Georgia, but those people are the minority (in the region aka AL,SC,NC,FL & TN, not necessarily nationwide). ...You know what I say to those people who don't know about the places I listed above? I tell them about those cities! Where they're at, whats there, the positive things that are happening in them, and remind them that its not all Atlanta in Georgia!

Old 04-16-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
I tell them about those cities! Where they're at, whats there, the positive things that are happening in them, and remind them that its not all Atlanta in Georgia!
Your are Right, thats normally what I say.........

Old 04-16-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Sure, that's why you took the time to respond to my statement not once, but twice.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Sure, that's why you took the time to respond to my statement not once, but twice.
Lets not add fuel to the fire.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Aside from that, in Columbus & Macon's defense, yes, it does have regional recognition.
It does, but I'd say barely (and by "regional," I take that to mean the Southeast). That's primarily due to size and neither one having anything extraordinary associated with it. I know Columbus has Ft. Benning, but if you're not associated with the military or military personnel in some way, or just well-versed in geography, you wouldn't know that.

Quote:
It has similar recognition as places such as Athens or Valdosta.
I don't think Valdosta has much regional recognition, but of course Athens does, due to the presence of UGA.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
It does, but I'd say barely (and by "regional," I take that to mean the Southeast). That's primarily due to size and neither one having anything extraordinary associated with it. I know Columbus has Ft. Benning, but if you're not associated with the military or military personnel in some way, or just well-versed in geography, you wouldn't know that.

I don't think Valdosta has much regional recognition, but of course Athens does, due to the presence of UGA.

Finally, I will say that, yes, there are also people I know who haven't a clue about Macon, Columbus, or Valdosta outside of Georgia, but those people are the minority (in the region aka AL,SC,NC,FL & TN, not necessarily nationwide).

People regionally associate Columbus with Fort Benning, Macon with Robins AFB, Athens obviously for UGA, and Valdosta for Wild Adventures. There are other things to associate with these cities and this is just one example but they are recognized regionally.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
People regionally associate Columbus with Fort Benning, Macon with Robins AFB, Athens obviously for UGA, and Valdosta for Wild Adventures. There are other things to associate with these cities and this is just one example but they are recognized regionally.
Obviously a lot of people here have heard of these things (but I have no clue what Wild Adventures is, and I was born and raised in the neighboring state of SC and never heard of it), but if you asked someone in, say, Virginia or Louisiana about the military installations in particular, I think it may be a toss-up as to whether they've heard of them or not. But there's really no way to validate this, so it just remains opinion.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Finally, I will say that, yes, there are also people I know who haven't a clue about Macon, Columbus, or Valdosta outside of Georgia, but those people are the minority (in the region aka AL,SC,NC,FL & TN, not necessarily nationwide).

There are some people it's just a waste of time trying to thin and prove because their brains are like a empty glass jar.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or