U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:58 AM

5 posts, read 14,497 times

Advertisements

helen is great my aunt lives near clarkesville i have spent many summers there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erotic_happiness View Post
I was there in 1994 when the young black man showed up in Blairsville. Actually he hung out with me for the majority of the night at the Huddle House, where I was a waitress. I was fired for talking to him. I am interested in knowing anything and all things about the bonnie blue knights, particulary that of Ernie Anderson. I believe he was friends with my x-husband.
The BBK and Mr Anderson are still VERY active.This man Ernie is a good man.The Bonnie Blue Knights have for years helped with community problems,donated food to the local food bank,and money to nursing homes.Ernie Andersen painted a church in Hiawassee for free because he said its gods house,how could he charge them to paint it?He has raised a son by himself,never cheated anyone,worked hard for this town,and has been a Grand Dragon the whole Klan is proud of.If you know this man,you have a good friend,if you dont,you need to !Keep up the good work Grand Dragon we got your back !

Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 PM

6 posts, read 11,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkans View Post
Why is it bad to move to Hall county/ Isn't that Helen Ga.?
I think Hall County is Gainsvill Ga.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 PM

6 posts, read 11,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strickjr76 View Post
helen is great my aunt lives near clarkesville i have spent many summers there
We love visiting Clarkesville, when we are that way, The little welcome center is nice abd the man and lady scaracrows. Nice place

Old 08-11-2009, 11:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,936 times
Default Looking for Ernie Anderson

If this is the same Ernie Anderson, his son's name is Tony. Tony should be in his mid to late teens by now. Please have him contact me at triadvocate@yahoo.com.
thanx Holly Mitchell ( used to be Edwards)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peckerwood View Post
The BBK and Mr Anderson are still VERY active.This man Ernie is a good man.The Bonnie Blue Knights have for years helped with community problems,donated food to the local food bank,and money to nursing homes.Ernie Andersen painted a church in Hiawassee for free because he said its gods house,how could he charge them to paint it?He has raised a son by himself,never cheated anyone,worked hard for this town,and has been a Grand Dragon the whole Klan is proud of.If you know this man,you have a good friend,if you dont,you need to !Keep up the good work Grand Dragon we got your back !

Old 08-12-2009, 10:10 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,011,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSouthDakota View Post
Noooo...Hall county is Gainesville. Alot of Illegals,crime etc etc...my brother has lived there for 15 years and just recently moved north of the city to a nice suburb. Helen is in white county. Its a small tourist trap.
I second that.

You can find a lot of good data about a town and its demographics on Wikipedia these days.

Here is a link to some recent gang shootout in Gainesville:

Teens still in hospital from gang shooting

The teens in the article had no driver's license and a prior DUI conviction as well. Oh, and they dropped out of school of course. If this is the future of Gainesville, we are in trouble.

My husband and I moved here a few years ago and we are planning to move away as soon as we can. (but I still feel a LOT safer here than back in FL) We live about 5 miles north of the city. Overall, Hall County is now 33% Mexican and some say about 50% in the city limits. We have a definite gang problem here. I remember awhile back, some gang members walked into the cafeteria at the local high school and got into a ruckus. After that, the school system had to post a guard at the front gates.

The schools up in the north end of the county are nothing like that, but I still feel like we are living on an island surrounded by pretty bad areas. When I made a wrong turn taking my toddler to a local indoor play area, I found myself looking at a wall of gang graffiti. I though we left this mess behind in FL, but this is what is happening all over the US.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM

375 posts, read 780,219 times
When I drive thru Gainesville I feel like I'm in Tijuana.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:04 PM

375 posts, read 780,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovedfromFL View Post
I though we left this mess behind in FL, but this is what is happening all over the US.
It's happening because people let it happen. Where I grew up we had a block-buster problem. When we stood shoulder-to-shoulder the problem went to another neighborhood to fester. Those that fled were the problem that allowed more block-busters to arrive and turn the previously nice areas into slums.

You're problems aren't going away unless you stand up for yourselves and your neighbors and your area. The grass is not always greener. Have some pride!

Old 08-15-2009, 02:12 PM

289 posts, read 168,975 times
Look into big canoe georgia, it is a gated 8,000 acre community
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia