U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 02-02-2007, 09:30 AM

29 posts, read 171,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prichard View Post
Boy, this makes me want to take a road trip to Albany just to see a bunch of hoity toity white women mugging people, breaking store windows, and running down the street with Plasma TV sets.
She's right.. Albany is full of snobs who shouldn't be... crime was pretty bad and the cost of living is oh so low... I don't know why some people are saying Albany's cost of living is high... It's one of the cheapest places to live in the country, most likely because no one wants to live there and the city is dirty and old and rundown... even the "rich" neighborhoods have low land value....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-02-2007, 08:57 PM

6 posts, read 60,361 times
Default Why hate ATL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzman View Post
Worst in Georgia: 1. Atlanta 2. Near Atlanta 3. Around Atlanta 4. Atlanta area 5. Anywhere close to Atlanta, all because of high violent crime rate, terrible traffic, rude drivers, no personality and half of the residents do not speak recognizable english.
Hey! whats with all the hate for Atlanta? I visited about a year ago and even though i didnt leave the metro area, I can say with no hesitation I LOVE ATL. I am in Central New Jersey starting an IT company, and personally I would move to Georgia in a heartbeat. The truth is, I wouldnt quite fit in a small town in the south, myself being from India, concerned with racism. I kind of like the feeling of being near Atlanta better that in some sparcely populated area, and really, crime isnt quite bad at all in the suburbs. Also, traffic is a problem, but I think I can handle it after living in New York for over 12 years.

I hope you find the right town for your family, im just putting out my opinions.

Unread 02-03-2007, 12:44 PM

34 posts, read 377,458 times
Default Albany Ga is a nice place.

Last Summer, my wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Albany Ga for one entire week. A friend of ours who lives in Albany had a family reunion in a small town just north of Albany ( Cordele Ga), and both of them towns was beautiful and friendly. Our friend moved to Michigan 30 years ago (Bay City), but moved back to the south in 2005, and while we was there we went on a house hurting tour, and in a few years after my wife retire we are moving somewhere between Atlanta and Albany Ga.

Last edited by Brother WilliamX; 02-03-2007 at 01:01 PM..

Unread 02-03-2007, 06:08 PM

6 posts, read 119,323 times
Default living in Aalbany

do move here you will be sorry

high crime high TAXES
and every thing
this is one place you don't want to LIVE

Unread 02-03-2007, 06:23 PM

Albany GA
and Leesburg GA its all the same
besides having noting to do
the Mall as they call it is so small and alot of the stores keep closing
who knows why
but why would you go some where they
if you go to a play and its open to the public and its reallllllly only for the
one race or the other

besides being not many stores to shop and the schools are not to good
well

its not a place for me ,,,,,,,,,,,,lived there for 15 years to long
glad to be out of there go west my friend go west or go north
any where but Albany GA
we went west to MISS

Unread 02-04-2007, 07:58 AM

34 posts, read 377,458 times
Default What About Cordele or Americus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassysue View Post
Albany GA
and Leesburg GA its all the same
besides having noting to do
the Mall as they call it is so small and alot of the stores keep closing
who knows why
but why would you go some where they
if you go to a play and its open to the public and its reallllllly only for the
one race or the other

besides being not many stores to shop and the schools are not to good
well

its not a place for me ,,,,,,,,,,,,lived there for 15 years to long
glad to be out of there go west my friend go west or go north
any where but Albany GA
we went west to MISS
I understand that Albany had a special place in history during the 1960s civil rights movement,plus its the home of Ray Charles, and the impression that I got being in Albany that its free of racism. However I know that there is alots of people who pretends not to be a racist.

CassySue, What about Cordele or Americus Ga?, and thanks for your information.

Unread 02-04-2007, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 34,709 times
Moultrie should be the lowest cost of living and crime because there's nothing there. I have experienced speed traps there to support the revenue they desperately need.

Unread 02-04-2007, 10:35 AM

91 posts, read 323,940 times
Where from in Central Jersey?
Just moved to LawrencevilleGA in April
We lived in Howell for 29 years. Family all still lives there.
Georgia has all nationalities down here. Everybody that's moving from the North is either going to Georgia or North Carolina.
Many many ppl I talk to here are from NJ, NY, CT, PA
We love it down here. We just miss our old friends. Nj is 870 miles away! So is the 15degree weather and the 10 below windchill! I had enough of that. I like to be able to go outside with the kids and not get frostbite.

Unread 02-04-2007, 01:13 PM

Smile best ,,,worst places to live

Cordele is the Watermelen capital of the world

Americus has the same drug problems as Albany and Leesburg so
its a nicer town and that would be my pick if I had to live again
hope this helps
have a great day

Unread 02-04-2007, 03:55 PM

1,021 posts, read 2,828,769 times
Quote:
Moultrie should be the lowest cost of living and crime because there's nothing there.
I've been to the town of Moultrie only once in my life, about 10 years ago. It was in the height of summertime heat, but there were acres and acres of shady pecan groves near town, a lovely sight. I don't recall much about the downtown area except that it was old-fashioned and looked very southern.

I was there with a truck to pick up a generous donation of aluminum patio furniture from Moultrie Manufacturing for a charity auction here in Atlanta. Nice people. I would guess that they were and are a major employer in that small town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia