U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2010, 07:23 AM

28 posts, read 46,061 times

Advertisements

well, I never find , any place worst, well yes place where I live is the best place and best locality I guess, for worst I don't want to comment anything,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 09:35 PM

53 posts, read 77,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTRYFRIED View Post
Totally disagree about Hiawassee though. It used to be a great place to live until half of Florida decided to invade it. Lots of resentment towards Floridians in North Georgia or "Floridiots" as there refered as.

Floridiots. Clever. i like it. i wouldn't be too happy either if i got invaded by them. Hiawassee is very nice though. With the lake and mountains and islands. Loved it. Will be visiting again some day, that was my favorite GA city.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:53 AM

80 posts, read 153,442 times
Floridiots--reminds me of what my sister told me about Lexington, VA a few years ago. A nice little college town in the Blue Ridge mtns. VMI and Washington and Lee U.
then the city slicker retirees from DC and burbs moved in. Treat us like rednecks.... always saying"well that's not the way we do it back home" "let me show you how" Even try to tell us how to run a charity event, etc. you'd think we just fell off Rocky Top. lol.
just tell them, this aint Burger King, if you dont like it, just go back to your sunny FLorida.

Old 12-18-2010, 12:59 AM

some parts of FL are nice, seasonally.
like the Redneck Riviera. . Great beaches, seafood, fishing.
South FL may as well become a different country.
Single Girls and divorcees I chatted with on line say its full of Gays, overly macho Latinos, and Middle Eastern types who abuse their women. These ladies are desperate to have a date with a nice heterosexual American guy who treats them right.
Suggest they move further north say to Jacksonville or Atlanta or Charlotte.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:51 AM

Well, Columbus is SO d----d boring. Would you believe that those of us who grew up here in the 1960's felt the same way? And not just Columbus but Augusta, Macon, Savannah and Albany. What do you want? Yes, Columbus lacks enough good concerts for all age groups. If you dont like military neighbors, forget us. And dont pick a declining neighborhood here (or anywhere for that matter). Many of the responses in this thread seem to indicate that the writer, rather than his/her family members, needs to go back to school and learn some of the basics--like spelling and grammar. I'm not talking about just a few errors.
MoreCowbell, thank Columbus schools and your family for the opportunity to get a good education, at least in English grammar and composition. If you can afford the housing in a community with excellent schools, by all means do so. I believe that as you move around the country and your children get older, you may come to appreciate your own education. And there are much worse places in GA or the US to work, raise kids, or retire.

Last edited by westga; 12-18-2010 at 01:53 AM.. Reason: repetitive wording

Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,463 times
I live in raleigh, nc.....but having marital conflicts and would like to move to decatur, ga (with 3 kids)! Is it really that bad??

Old 03-28-2011, 03:59 PM

1 posts, read 6,174 times
Question Is Marietta, GA good place to live?

My husband has got a job in Marietta and we are planning to move there. After reading several threads, i have second thoughts about that city. Is Marietta a nice place to establish a good life? I am from a crime-free city and have little idea about crime rate in Atlanta. All i care about is safety in all aspect. Can anyone living or lived in Marietta give valid suggestion?

Old 03-29-2011, 01:58 PM

7,756 posts, read 10,056,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadofnewcentury View Post
My husband has got a job in Marietta and we are planning to move there. After reading several threads, i have second thoughts about that city. Is Marietta a nice place to establish a good life? I am from a crime-free city and have little idea about crime rate in Atlanta. All i care about is safety in all aspect. Can anyone living or lived in Marietta give valid suggestion?
I live in Marietta. My advice is to search this and the Atlanta forum and you'll see a ton of info on Marietta and Cobb Co.

Unlike many parts of the country, in GA the zip codes and postal addresses don't align to the municipal and county lines. Marietta is both an actual city, as well as the postal address for much of unincorporated Cobb County. East Cobb and West Cobb both are part of the "Marietta" postal delivery area.

Search and read...all will be revealed.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:27 PM

14 posts, read 21,794 times
Most people on this forum down the entire Atlanta area and forget about the nicer areas.
5 Best Metro cities:
1. Buford,GA
2. Suwanee,GA
3. Cumming(no joke, that's the name), GA
4. Alpharetta,GA
5. Newnan,GA
5 Worst Metro cities:
1. Atlanta neighborhoods south and west of Downtown( West End, Bankhead)
2. East Point/College Park
3. anywhere in Clayton County
4. Marrietta( AKA Strip Mall Hell)
5. Norcross,GA( AKA Little Mexico: You'll see what I mean if u drive down Jimmy Carter Blvd. or Buford Highway)

Old 04-07-2011, 05:31 PM

7,756 posts, read 10,056,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAdawgsfan View Post
Marrietta ( AKA Strip Mall Hell)
Do you have a clue what you're talking about, or did you just post that to get the reaction you figured you might get?

First, it's not true. Second, I'd love to know where you live, so I can understand what you're comparing to Marietta. Oh wait...Lawrenceville. Now I have nothing against L'ville and my sister lived there for 5 years, but you wanna talk about "strip mall hell" while you live in Lawrenceville?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia