Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 05:33 PM

26 posts, read 365,371 times

Advertisements

Someone asked the very same on the CT. board.
Please tell me the top five and worst five placed to live in your opinion.
I expect this will send me enough info to narrow my search for a home in Georgia.
Any and all information always welcome.
Thank you
Angela
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2006, 06:12 AM

88 posts, read 511,498 times
Are you looking for around Atlanta?

Old 12-31-2006, 07:37 AM

782 posts, read 1,355,474 times
Depends on what your preferences and dislikes are.
Listing your likes or dislikes in a location will help making the list.

Old 12-31-2006, 11:46 AM

Default 5 Best And Worst

I should have put likes and dislikes. Sorry, I come from CT and it is the size of a county in Ga so not much chance of having many choices.
I live in a town with >10,000. I have lived in a town with 50K and liked them both.
I am a Mom of 4 so:
good schools
safe town
population <50K
I just want a nice place to live without problems. No town with factories that produce odor. This may sound funny but I was told by others that some areas have this problem. Smell. Is that even true!?!

Old 12-31-2006, 01:19 PM

19 posts, read 165,967 times
Worst in Georgia: 1. Atlanta 2. Near Atlanta 3. Around Atlanta 4. Atlanta area 5. Anywhere close to Atlanta, all because of high violent crime rate, terrible traffic, rude drivers, no personality and half of the residents do not speak recognizable english.

Old 12-31-2006, 04:15 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,071,452 times
Tzman.... don't hold back now... tell us how you really feel! (I should have typed that in Spanish.)

Old 12-31-2006, 07:20 PM

Talking Tzman tell us how you really feel?

Sorry, just being funny.
I get your point. I still hope to visit Atlanta, just not live in it. I am more of a small town person. I have always lived in CT. Matter of fact, I have always lived in a big old house too. My parents 3 story victorian, then my own homes on large parcels of property with no close neighbors. I am hoping for a neighborhood with kids and friendly adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLD View Post
Tzman.... don't hold back now... tell us how you really feel! (I should have typed that in Spanish.)

Old 12-31-2006, 08:48 PM

233 posts, read 1,226,718 times
Effingham county has great schools. They say it smells in the Savannah area, but I haven't noticed it. May be we are far enough away from the smell. I liked Muscogee County in Columbus, Georgia. We are currently in Chatham County. Not all the schools in this county are good, so you really have to pay attention to where you move. The elementary school my kids attend is a good one though. Effingham and Muscogee both have a small town feeling about them. Columbus has lots of shops and restaurants. If you would like any more info, let me know.

Old 01-01-2007, 08:39 AM

20 posts, read 222,702 times
Columbus, Georgia is ok. Used to live in Augusta Ga, too much crime and bad neighborhoods, low rated schools there. North Columbus is nice. Just not much to do herel, except shopping and eating out. Not many recreational places, no sidewalks. Planning to move to Southern Florida, ocean is too far away from Columbus Georgia.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:36 AM
hwd

19 posts, read 167,543 times
Default 5 best in Southwest Georgia

5 Best in Southwest Georgia: (in no particular order)
Moultrie: Lowest Cost of Living
Thomasville
Tifton
Valdosta..........Highest Cost of Living
Leesburg

5 Worst:
Fort Gains
Americus
Albany............High Crime, High Cost of Living
Dawson
Lumpkin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia