Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 08:37 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaberry25 View Post
PS Albany has been noted that there are more millionaires per capita than any place in the nation.
can you back that up with factual data? because I can name 3 other cities in georgia that the same thing has been said for.

i remember a forbes article a couple of years ago that named sea island as one of the wealthiest places in the nation. albany was mentioned nowhere in that article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 PM

313 posts, read 1,149,036 times
Okay...Albany native here....born at Phoebe Putney and lived nearly half my life there...20 yrs. Yes... Albany does get a bad rap and reasonably so. All the issues here are relevant.

I still come home to see my folks who still live there....you know what? It is so grounding to me. During my visits over the past few yrs when I am out and about in town...I have not experienced anyone rude. I find that people are just openly geniune and friendly. And this gal has lived just about in all regions of the US...including in New england! I live now in greater LA...and if it werent for church on Sundays...it would be completely hopeless to me here...folks here are so detached and so afraid to be nice to anyone unless they have something to gain. It is refreshing to me to come to SW Ga and be around real and genuine people. It makes me feel so good to know I grew up in a culture as this ( and I am not referring to the racial part)....I am talking about the people who are unguarded and trusting and when they ask how you are...they mean it. Those are good folks.

Matt come to LA...and see what you miss...it is funny how to experience the grass on the other side...it isnt always greener. I used to feel many negative things about Albany...and most of them are true...but there ARE alot of very good folks there. I feel a warmth and acceptance I havent felt in a LONG time when I come home to visit. These folks have rich lives with much value. Their lives revolve around their families, neighbors and their churches.

I think we get so distracted thinking about keeping up with other folks, that we miss the big picture. Albany doesnt really have much to distract its folks...so they focus on each other...relationships, reaching out to others....to me, there's nothing bad about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia