U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 09:11 AM

213 posts, read 607,158 times

Advertisements

Florida is the devil's playground and i wish i would've never moved down here. In six years i have had my inheritence from my dead mother taken from me by her own sister, relatives turning their backs on me for no reason, forced to raise a child on my own when ALL OF MY FAMILY lives down the street from me, friends who i thought were my friends act like total fools. My daughter's daycare provider turn lesbian and i have to hear about the fights they have... the girl gave her a black eye!! And she gets mad at me for saying something about it. Was in a relationship for four years to have him leave me because i wanted our relationship to go somewhere and he didn't... what the hell is wrong with these people they are so backgrounds. I am in hell. The only good that came out of my decision to move here is a bachelor's degree... that guess what I haven't been able to find a job with, and a daughter. No complaints there she is my only real salvation in a world full of kaos. Everybody wants you to kiss their a@# if worship them because they have money. Hell i don't care i can make my own money.. so they treat you like crap, everyone is so selfish, i have bent over backgrounds for these people only to get stabbed in the back in the end. This is just my opinion I just had to rant and rave so don't take it personal. I thought that Georgia was bad, i was so ready to get away I was soooooo, happy to be near family and meet new people. Only to find out that what i already had was the best thing on earth. My heart will always be with Georgia and i swear i will never turn my back on you again.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:07 AM

612 posts, read 2,540,820 times
Sorry you are going through all of that.

There is a reason soooo many people are moving out of Florida and relocating to Georgia.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:00 AM

33 posts, read 111,392 times
It sounds to me like it is your family... Not FLORIDA.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:06 PM

103 posts, read 551,605 times
Florida is not my favourite place either but it is the place and not the people or circumstances. Hopefully things will get better for you and congratulations on your BA!

Old 06-03-2008, 12:11 PM

10,732 posts, read 31,725,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincere1782 View Post
Florida is the devil's playground and i wish i would've never moved down here. In six years i have had my inheritence from my dead mother taken from me by her own sister, relatives turning their backs on me for no reason, forced to raise a child on my own when ALL OF MY FAMILY lives down the street from me, friends who i thought were my friends act like total fools. My daughter's daycare provider turn lesbian and i have to hear about the fights they have... the girl gave her a black eye!! And she gets mad at me for saying something about it. Was in a relationship for four years to have him leave me because i wanted our relationship to go somewhere and he didn't... what the hell is wrong with these people they are so backgrounds. I am in hell. The only good that came out of my decision to move here is a bachelor's degree... that guess what I haven't been able to find a job with, and a daughter. No complaints there she is my only real salvation in a world full of kaos. Everybody wants you to kiss their a@# if worship them because they have money. Hell i don't care i can make my own money.. so they treat you like crap, everyone is so selfish, i have bent over backgrounds for these people only to get stabbed in the back in the end. This is just my opinion I just had to rant and rave so don't take it personal. I thought that Georgia was bad, i was so ready to get away I was soooooo, happy to be near family and meet new people. Only to find out that what i already had was the best thing on earth. My heart will always be with Georgia and i swear i will never turn my back on you again.
So your family sucks and its Florida's fault??

Be serious.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:31 PM

8,376 posts, read 27,740,408 times
Quote:
Additionally, I also blame the illegal aliens, the crime, and the bad economy on Florida.

Your situation is (for a lack of better word) absolutely, positively f'ed up, but try to solve the problem instead of blaming it on your current state of residence, because you will never be happy anywhere if you don't come to realize that it's within you.

The sick thing is that there are people here that will actually defend your cause of blaming Florida. If you want to see a REAL toxic brew, move anywhere where the malcontents FROM Florida are moving and stay for at least 10 years.

GA natives who may be reading this thread, I encourage you to actively trash Georgia as hard as you can to keep people like this out. I would HATE to see Georgia turn into the next Florida.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:36 PM

164 posts, read 865,037 times
Ditto on that thinking LM. Out of 50 states (unless u r obama then its 57) you had to pick the one that would cause you all those problems. Its not a location problem as much as you want it to be.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:52 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,207,854 times
Default I hear you.....

Quote:
I can honestly say after having lived in Georgia from 83-89, South Florida from 89-97, and now back in Georgia since 97, I hear you. Although it's not Florida's fault, I can understand the angst if you have happened to have lived in SOUTH Florida....it's a whole new world.....no other place quite like it. I've lived and worked there for almost 19 years now.....unique is an understatement.

It's funny, after driving all night when I left South Florida in September 97, I felt EXACTLY the same way....never knew how much you miss the trees until you live down there......simple, yet real. It's just easier here in Georgia.

People tend to pay their bills, say hello, open doors, respect their elders, and in general, honor their commitments....less stressful. Traffic is abysmal here in Atlanta but it is the same in any big city. This is just a bit more difficult than some.

Sounds like you hit some real gravel their buddy. Sorry to hear it. Wouldn't wish it on anyone except maybe some who I know in South Florida....heh heh heh....

Do what I did....move and do a mental flush on all your anguish.....you'll live longer and those around you will want to be around you....otherwise, you might find that there is a common denominator in there somewhere.....me? I say toss in a new girlfriend or two and you should do fine! God knows, we have them here....in abundance....

Old 06-03-2008, 05:54 PM

3,914 posts, read 4,207,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I can honestly say after having lived in Georgia from 83-89, South Florida from 89-97, and now back in Georgia since 97, I hear you. Although it's not Florida's fault, I can understand the angst if you have happened to have lived in SOUTH Florida....it's a whole new world.....no other place quite like it. I've lived and worked there for almost 19 years now.....unique is an understatement.

It's funny, after driving all night when I left South Florida in September 97, I felt EXACTLY the same way....never knew how much you miss the trees until you live down there......simple, yet real. It's just easier here in Georgia.

People tend to pay their bills, say hello, open doors, respect their elders, and in general, honor their commitments....less stressful. Traffic is abysmal here in Atlanta but it is the same in any big city. This is just a bit more difficult than some.

Sounds like you hit some real gravel their buddy. Sorry to hear it. Wouldn't wish it on anyone except maybe some who I know in South Florida....heh heh heh....

Do what I did....move and do a mental flush on all your anguish.....you'll live longer and those around you will want to be around you....otherwise, you might find that there is a common denominator in there somewhere.....me? I say toss in a new girlfriend or two and you should do fine! God knows, we have them here....in abundance....

Oooops, sorry, just noted you are of the female variety....so get a few boyfriends.....want to be VERY clear on that!

Old 06-03-2008, 07:20 PM

31 posts, read 145,943 times
florida is a nice state!! the problem is your relatives and all the yankees that have moved there!! the native fl people are great careing people. the biggest problem with the yankees down there is that they have screwed up fl and are now moving to ga to screw it up!! i really dont give a damn how you did it in jursy!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or