U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2008, 03:40 PM

115 posts, read 487,016 times

Advertisements

i Moved To Cobb County In Jan And In Ready To Leave.the Cops Here Treat Everyone As If You All Are Criminals. If You Don't Have An Good Running Car Don't Come To Kennesaw Or Acworth.you'll Be Stuck. All In All Kennesaw Is Nice Only If You're In By Dark.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:10 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,731,608 times
Hmmmm.....sounds like somebody had a bad day.......

Old 06-14-2008, 06:42 PM

11 posts, read 49,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KEKI View Post
i Moved To Cobb County In Jan And In Ready To Leave.the Cops Here Treat Everyone As If You All Are Criminals. If You Don't Have An Good Running Car Don't Come To Kennesaw Or Acworth.you'll Be Stuck. All In All Kennesaw Is Nice Only If You're In By Dark.
What do you mean "Kennesaw is nice only if you're in by dark".
I am thinking of moving to Kennesaw next year, Is it not safe there?

Old 06-14-2008, 07:04 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,601,540 times
Quote:
the Cops Here Treat Everyone As If You All Are Criminals.
As someone who once lived in Cobb county I am here to tell you there is some truth to this statement. I lived pretty much on the Kennesaw/Marietta line and when my upstairs neighbor was shot and killed (fifteen feet from where I was sitting) the cops treated every one like criminals. They were completely out of line. I am glad I put that place behind me.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:37 PM

9,188 posts, read 30,177,654 times
While there is always a bad cop here and there (they ARE humans after all and a bad apple will be mixed in), in general the only time I've every seen a Cobb officer give anyone grief is when that person is a smart-ass with them.

When there is a shooting or other serious crime, ANYONE may have been involved. Until the police are able to clearly establish who was the victim and who was involved in the crime, they are going to treat everyone on the scene as a potential criminal. That's standard procedure in Atlanta, Kenesaw, Boise Idaho and Orlando Florida for that matter. Once they determine who the victim is, they can then focus on the criminal, but if the victim is giving them hell because they didn't immediately I.D. them as the victim, they're not going to exactly hug you.

Kennesaw actually has one of the lowest crime rates in the metro area. Acworth isn't far behind. As far as cars go - if you're driving down the road with smoke pouring out of the back tailpipe, are missing a window, or the wheels aren't balanced and wobbly, yes, you will be pulled over as we have emissions and safety laws here, and if in doing so you smart mouth the officer, then no, you're not going to have a good day. If you drive a junk heap, you can't blame the police for that. Fix it. It's a potential danger to others on the road if it's not functioning properly, and the police are doing their job in pulling you over to make you aware of what needs to be done. If a piece of your car falls off in the middle of a lane while driving, or your car stalls out in the third lane during rush hour, it's not like Bumducky Iowa - you can be killed here and cause a pileup that can kill others in the process. Keeping your car safe and running is a responsibility when you're in the second most congested traffic city in the U.S.

As far as "being stuck" by not having a car that runs well - yes indeed, metro Atlanta as a WHOLE does not have an adequate public transit system. This includes Cobb, Gwinnett, Clayton, Cherokee.... pretty much ALL suburban counties that do not have MARTA. MARTA only runs in Fulton and Dekalb Counties, so if your car is not reliable and you do not wish to be "stuck", you need to move into the city so you can utilize MARTA as an alternative.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:45 PM

3,479 posts, read 6,333,449 times
I live in Historic Vinings and I love the area and feel completely safe here.

So I don't know why we have to criticize an ENTIRE county for the experience in one area.

Old 06-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Status: "Days like this I think to myself "I hate living in Georgia"." (set 1 day ago)

47,582 posts, read 45,265,606 times
Quote:
Sounds like something I would say.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:42 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,601,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
...treat everyone on the scene as a potential criminal.
You got this part right, any ways. Every one is a criminal, until proven innocent. You must be a cop.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:14 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,012,657 times
Born and raised in Acworth, went to GT, lived in Atlanta, no problems with cops, I'm 30 now but both Fulton and Cobb cops have given me what I deserved and let me off the hook a few times. I don't have a problem with either.

Got P.O. recently with an Acworth cop on my wife getting pulled over, but after talking with the SGT. I was presently surprised and corrected in my misunderstanding of that particular law.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:38 AM

78 posts, read 331,692 times
I live in Kennesaw and have not had any problems. I think Cobb county is a nice place to live. I am assuming you had a specific incident occur that has made you feel this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia