U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 AM

1 posts, read 6,450 times

Advertisements

I would like to know what questions should you ask brokers when interviewing to determine a perfect fit for new licensees?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 02:05 PM

35 posts, read 148,983 times
Really, I found that it came down to asking who I felt most comfortable with. The relationship you have with your Broker is very important. You have to feel comfortable talking to them about problems, asking them questions, asking them for help, etc.
Ask what their commission split is; if you get more after taking continuing education and adding "letters" to your name; and if there are performance bonuses.
Ask if they are in the office frequently and available for training you and for conversations regularly. You would be surprised how many Brokers are NEVER available, and many don't want to take time out of their schedule to work with a new agent on training. It sounds to me like you would benefit from some one-on-one training.
Ask how many of the other agents in the office are full time agents.
Ask who buys the signs, business cards, pays for print advertising, etc.
Ask if there are any desk fees!
I cannot think of anything else right now, but feel free to contact me anytime at juliehaley@charter.net if you have further questions.
Good luck!

Old 07-10-2008, 07:05 AM

13 posts, read 39,192 times
In addition to the great questions Julie posted, I'd also want to know about their Internet prescence. With the % of business you get from the Internet, if your broker doesn't invest in Internet marketing you are going to have to in order to stay afloat.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:01 PM

100 posts, read 360,186 times
I agree with Julie and KayM. Also, what are you looking for in the RE field? A lot of these big time RE companies only care about bottom line and how much you are bringing in. If you don't produce, then you are out the door. I on the other hand became licensed because I wanted to be my own boss and controlled when and how much I made. Not the other way around. I am fortunate that I have a good broker to go to when I am ready to reactivate my license. (been licensed for 10 yrs, inactive for 4 now, because I went back to college fulltime and working on my MBA and I have family, all which those come way before my RE career)

Also, you have to realize in the for example in the Augusta market for RE there is a lot of agent turnover. The majority of the agents have been around for 15-20+ years. You have 20% of the agents doing 80% of the work. There are a lot of licensees, way to many for an area the size of Augusta IMO. But, if you are determined and have a way to keep financially afloat during the down times, by all means you can do it.

Feel free to email or pm me as well.
Laura
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia