Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 05:24 PM

21 posts, read 84,033 times

Advertisements

Finally, after more than two years of trying to relocate OUT of miserable Florida, we have finally found a place we will be calling home.

My husband got a job in Alma (Bacon County) and we will be moving to the city of Douglas (Coffee County)

Anyone with information on schooling, entertainment (parks, recreation, shopping, ect...) good areas vs. bad areas, will be greatly appreciated!! We are buying a house and relocating to the DOWNTOWN area (what a beautiful and quaint downtown!!) we will be very close to South Georgia College.

Like to know as much as possible from those who call (or once did) Douglas home.

Thanks so much. We can't wait to get out of Florida. Be relocating in the month of July, YEAH!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 06:08 AM

102 posts, read 375,439 times
I live 18 miles south of Douglas, all of us in Atkinson County go to Douglas for our shopping and everything. Most from here go to South Georgia College after high school... So I could almost call Douglas somewhat a "home".

Alma is a very nice town also!

There is not all that many houses in downtown or near the college (how close are you trying to get)?

I wish you the best of luck. Douglas is one of the biggest and better cities in our area!!

Here are some websites you may find helpful.....
City of Douglas - A Georgia City of Excellence (http://www.cityofdouglas.com/web/index.php - broken link)
Douglas Coffee County Chamber of Commerce
Coffee County School System
Rockin 8 Cinemas

If you have any other specific questions, please ask and I will try to respond to the best of my knowledge!

Old 10-30-2008, 11:27 PM

33 posts, read 137,915 times
Hi there,
Did y'all get moved to Alma/Douglas yet? I live in Douglas (born and raised), and work in Alma some. If you need any info, just let me know.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:00 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,240,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willacoochee View Post
I
Douglas is one of the biggest and better cities in our area!!
did you forget about your neighbor 35 miles south of atkinson county?

lowndes/valdosta?

My wife is from douglas, and personally, I would rather live in alma if I had to choose between the two.

if you haven't moved yet, and alma's a little too slow-paced for you, take a look at waycross. its almost equal distance from waycross to alma as it is from douglas, and about the same distance to valdosta. and living in waycross puts you closer to the golden isles and jacksonville (1-hr trip to either). also, US-1 runs straight to alma from waycross, so your husband won't be traveling that 2-lane stretch through nicholls and on to alma. US-84 goes from waycross to savannah and you can be there in about 2 hrs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia