Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 08:09 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,023,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldaxes View Post
Jackson County is home of what could be the worst police in the state.
As someone who travels throughout the southeastern U.S. I hear this "worst cop" thing in nearly every town I stop in.
From Montgomery, Alabama to Charleston, South Carolina and from Knoxville,Tennessee to Ft. Myers, Florida it is the same story... just a different place. Based on episodes of COP'S on T.V. Lowndes County in southern Georgia has to be the worst... they show up in nearly every episode!
By the way, I drove through Jackson County just yesterday and saw not one cop. Just lucky I guess.

Old 07-19-2008, 12:42 PM

3 posts, read 15,778 times
Granmaisamazed, most accidents occur because of lack of attention or lack of awareness. I was talking about pretexual stops, so do your part and pay attention. Also I don't think the tax payers in these cities receive the service they deserve when their small police depts. are spending most of their time sitting on the interstate.

Old 08-19-2008, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 3,151 times
Default cops suck

having lived in jackson county for about 5 years i've been pulled over for some of the dumbest reasons ever. i was pulled over by an arcade cop who clocked me in jefferson and followed me to arcade. the ticket didn't stick, but it was 20 minutes taken away from me. pendergrass pulled me over for my underglow, which no other city in georgia has done. i was pulled over by braselton police for speeding, and they called a drug dog to sniff my car, seeing as to how i'm in the military and can't do drugs, the dog "smelt" drugs and they spent an hour destroying my car to find nothing at all. the jefferson police felt in necessary to pull me over for doin 2mph over the speed limit. the only respectable cops around are the sheriffs department.

Old 09-12-2008, 02:07 PM

65 posts, read 369,443 times
agree, jackson county sheriff's office is a pretty good bunch of guys, but the city police there are awful!

Old 10-21-2011, 11:08 AM

525 posts, read 895,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaisamazed View Post
these police officers are only doing their job. People around really don't know how to drive. Haven't you noticed how fast they are going. That is why there are so many accidents. People are crashing and killing their family going so fast and trying to hurry and get somewhere.if they would just slow down it would save lives even their own family members especially their children they lost because they were in a hurry. So lighten up on the cops. Do your part. Slow down
cops are one thing harassment is another sounds like a lot of harassment to me.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:59 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,359,472 times
Hmm spambot bump. Last time i was in jackson it was 2006. Although braselton annexed i85 so they run revenue service on there as well now. I think.. is that part of jackson or just the city itself?

basically city cops are only overshadowed by campus police. Same goes for the court system setup.

campus > city > county > state, ALTHOUGH in ga

campus > state > City > county

is the order of disintegrity.

Old 10-22-2011, 04:01 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,922,186 times
Before I moved to Gwinnett, I temporarily lived in Hoschton in Jackson County and commuted in to Buckhead. I saw a Braselton or Jackson County cop just about every other day on I-85. It's terrible out there! Gwinnett County cops are pretty bad out there too... by Hamilton Mill.

Oh, and to the grandma poster, I know you'll probably never read this since you only posted once in 2008, but I'm just gonna say this.. I've driven from one end of this country to the other and back and I have NEVER seen so many SLOW drivers as I have in Jackson, Barrow and Hall counties. Particularly in Braselton, Hoschton, Winder and Commerce. In some cases, I've been behind someone going 20 mph under the posted limit! Then there are the passing lanes (Highway 53 for example); why is it that everybody wants to stay in the left lane where all the passing should be taking place?? SOO BACKWARDS!!

...ok, rant concluded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia