U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 01:34 PM

433 posts, read 557,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
This article on Lake Arrowhead just came out in the AJC today:

Huge development to tap Lake Arrowhead's beauty | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cherokee/stories/2008/07/28/arrowhead_development.html - broken link)
Saintmarks, I have to say that you really are a SAINT!

Thanks much for the information and link regarding Lake Arrowhead.
I appreciate the time you've spent researching this and helping me. I really needed it!
I've been looking into NE TN also, so your information will help me make a more informed decision.
I'll probably end up in NE TN -- I am absolutely falling in love with that area and also the people there.
P.S. I LOVE GA TOO!!!! After all, I grew up in Rome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 11:36 PM

4,711 posts, read 4,754,944 times
50, no problem, thanks for the kind words. I am looking at this kind of material everyday. I am in Texas for extended family reasons beyond my control and would love to be back in that part of the country, I'll take Atlanta, middle GA, north GA, eastern TN or western NC any day of the week!

I grew up in Hogansville, down 85 between Newnan and LaGrange, lived in Marietta from 89 til 03 when I had to make the move to TX. I miss GA so badly, I go to the AJC website at least twice a day to keep up with what is going on. I talk to my buddy back in Acworth and tell him about developments, road projects, etc that I am reading about that he is unaware of and he lives there.

I did go to the link about the Lake Arrowhead volunteer fire dept and the trailer that burned that was the supposed meth lab wass not in Lake Arrowhead, it was on the county road that leads out to the development. It is still very rural out there, you do see the run down trailer here and there -- but you can say that about any rural area of the south. I just hated it that the first poster had to taint what I know is a nice development when I knew that was the exception rather than the rule.

All the best in your relocation decision. You really can't go wrong with either area. I would choose Lake Arrowhead just to be closer to Atlanta, but then again I have family and friends in the Atlanta area and my mother is still in Hogansville south of Atlanta.

Blessings on you and yours 50something...........

Old 08-01-2008, 10:22 AM

433 posts, read 557,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
50, no problem, thanks for the kind words. I am looking at this kind of material everyday. I am in Texas for extended family reasons beyond my control and would love to be back in that part of the country, I'll take Atlanta, middle GA, north GA, eastern TN or western NC any day of the week!

I grew up in Hogansville, down 85 between Newnan and LaGrange, lived in Marietta from 89 til 03 when I had to make the move to TX. I miss GA so badly, I go to the AJC website at least twice a day to keep up with what is going on. I talk to my buddy back in Acworth and tell him about developments, road projects, etc that I am reading about that he is unaware of and he lives there.

I did go to the link about the Lake Arrowhead volunteer fire dept and the trailer that burned that was the supposed meth lab was not in Lake Arrowhead, it was on the county road that leads out to the development. It is still very rural out there, you do see the run down trailer here and there -- but you can say that about any rural area of the south. I just hated it that the first poster had to taint what I know is a nice development when I knew that was the exception rather than the rule.

All the best in your relocation decision. You really can't go wrong with either area. I would choose Lake Arrowhead just to be closer to Atlanta, but then again I have family and friends in the Atlanta area and my mother is still in Hogansville south of Atlanta.

Blessings on you and yours 50something...........
Saintmarks, Thank you (again ) for the info and for the clarification....
You have got to be one of the nicest people I've run across on City-Data. Seriously.

I hope you're able to make it back to GA soon.
As for me, I'll eventually relocate to NE TN or North GA.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 385 times
Default Lake Arrowhead, GA

We are at the beginning of a search for our retirement home. We currently live in a tiny village in the Adirondack Mountains and need more amenities offered in "civilization." I've been searching for info about Lake Arrowhead - what I find are posts from 2008. I'd appreciate current residents sharing what's going on there now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia