U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-31-2009, 04:45 PM

119 posts, read 197,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsontech View Post
Who really cares whether you live in Columbus or not?
I don't think amenities make cities either as museums and civic centers and the other things you mention have done NOTHING for jobs,quality of life,education etc either.
Go down by Buck Ice and see where more taxpayer money is being thrown away as we speak....lol
You must be talking about the rail-to-trails project that I have read about. That's is a great thing in my opinion.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 08:31 PM

44 posts, read 56,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABOY84 View Post
You must be talking about the rail-to-trails project that I have read about. That's is a great thing in my opinion.
Great in what way?
Most of the trail is through bad areas in town and the local police are already dreading the calls for assaults/robberies etc.
Of course they will not be reported as have many of the same issues downtown and riverwalk....

Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Great in what way?
Most of the trail is through bad areas in town and the local police are already dreading the calls for assaults/robberies etc.
Of course they will not be reported as have many of the same issues downtown and riverwalk....
This is something a lot of communities are doing. They clean up old, abandoned tracks and make bike trails out of it. Every heard of the silver comet trail in Atlanta? I personally think it is a great thing for the city. Haven't heard of any issues on the riverwalk other than people enjoy going down there to ride there bikes. I have been to the riverwalk portion downtown. It is really nice.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
This is something a lot of communities are doing. They clean up old, abandoned tracks and make bike trails out of it. Every heard of the silver comet trail in Atlanta? I personally think it is a great thing for the city. Haven't heard of any issues on the riverwalk other than people enjoy going down there to ride there bikes. I have been to the riverwalk portion downtown. It is really nice.
I would not think you would have heard anything as far as Columbus goes since you do not live here..??
Atlanta comparison again?
Come on.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I would not think you would have heard anything as far as Columbus goes since you do not live here..??
Atlanta comparison again?
Come on.
Putting words in people's mouths....come on .

Old 08-01-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Putting words in people's mouths....come on .
You have mentioned Atlanta in quite a few of your posts....come on!
Maybe a temporary brain freeze since you don't live in Columbus.
We got one bonehead who only mentions the same bldgs etc on here who I think has been banned finally.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:24 PM

64 posts, read 119,063 times
Quote:
We got one bonehead who only mentions the same bldgs etc on here who I think has been banned finally.
I along with several others know exactly who the guilty party is.
Either banned or hiding out from embarrassment.

Old 08-01-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Sure I might have, but I haven't compared Atlanta to any city.......

Old 08-02-2009, 06:26 AM

1,709 posts, read 1,683,306 times
From my experiences in all of the cities

1) Atlanta
2) Savannah
3) Columbus
4) Augusta
5) Athens
6) Macon
7) Valdosta
8) Albany
9) Rome
10) Dalton or La Grange

On Columbus, Macon, and Augusta

1) Augusta- the largest of the three, seems to be growing faster, some good jobs are coming to the area also from what I understand.

2) Columbus- 2nd largest, does seem a little slower than the Augusta and Macon. Better suited for someone to raise kids. I hear BRAC is bringing jobs to the area

3) Macon- smallest of the three, located close enough to Atlanta and Savannah. I wouldn't stay there.

Point: All three cities are similar, if someone moves to GA from lets say Cali and visited all three cities, that person would notice that these cities have more in common rather than the differences. I think Savannah is the best 2nd tier city, followed by Columbus, Augusta, Athens and Macon.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:53 AM

2 posts, read 3,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaineer_195 View Post
Give it up king, macon is a small town! i drove through it and blinked... and i was out! Ur just jealous of Columbus's accomplishments!
Macon's development isn't along the interstate. If you would have gotten off of the highway while on your trip you may have gotten lost in the city. Columbus has a way more rural feel than Macon. The eastside of Macon congests worse then some major arteries in Atlanta. I've worked in Columbus before so I speak from experience. I live in Atlanta off of Wesley Chapel in Dekalb and I have a loft in downtown Macon so I'm not just cheerleading. This is just my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia