U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2009, 02:15 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,152,690 times

Advertisements

^I find it pretty unbelievable!

I really had no idea it was THAT bad there.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:07 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,933 times
I still laugh everytime I see that video of the drunk redneck who drove his truck through Augusta mall. That made national news!

Old 03-27-2009, 01:02 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,034,318 times
Bulldawgfan, for you to be someone who claims to "wish Macon the best"...why would you bring up the "macon mall fight" on youtube? You guys would have a point if this was a regular activity at the mall, but it's not. It used to be a problem, mainly around the time when there was a movie theatre across the parking lot but that was years ago. In recent years, police have become very strict and they dont even let teens roam the mall without a guardian really and they break up any congregations of teens QUICK.

LOL...people can babble all they want but I was in middle school and the early high school years when the mall was BAD during the late 90s and early 2000s...the mall is nothing like that now and that fight at the mall was rare.

If thats the case...then someone could use the recent "wal mart shooting" and "teenaged neighborhood burglar" incidents to make warner robins out to be "crime ridden" which isnt the case

....no not that macon doesnt have alot of crime but it certainly isnt regular at the mall like it used to be years ago...if you people on going to use examples to express your points...atleast know what you're talking about

Last edited by Southern Soul Bro; 03-27-2009 at 02:01 AM..

Old 03-27-2009, 01:14 AM

I mean if you want to play that game, I attended CSU and was at the mall on this very day when they closed the peachtree mall there because of chaos from family day at the park
WTVM.com and WTVM News Leader 9, Columbus, GA | Mall Closes After Crowds Become Overwhelming

you can "youtube" SEVERAL videos of Macon, Columbus,Albany,Augusta, and Savannah showing the thug culture in all of them.

It is apparent that all of GA's second tier cities have a significant amount of "inner city" probems, but they each also have nice areas as well.........but NONE of them are that much more or less ghetto than the other to start pointing fingers.......and if anybody suggests so.....they are not telling the truth.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:18 AM

It's apparent many you guys have not been all over these towns and are giving broad opinions of entire cities based on certain "good" or "bad" SPOTS you have been to within each.

Besides Athens, none of the others have any room to talk about the others "crime" and "ghetto" problems.

It's amazing how people can take these cities (SAV,AUG,MAC,ALB,COL) which all have a similar amount of "ghetto area"
and make one of them out to be as if it's Camden, NJ and another out to be similar to Provo, Utah.

lol.....it's insane.

Last edited by Southern Soul Bro; 03-27-2009 at 01:56 AM..

Old 03-27-2009, 04:04 AM

1,810 posts, read 3,608,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Bulldawgfan, for you to be someone who claims to "wish Macon the best"...why would you bring up the "macon mall fight" on youtube?
King_9.5,

Look again, my friend. I did not bring up the mall fight. Not this year, any ways. Someone saw it on TruTV and I simply mentioned that it was also on youtube.

Even though you refuse to stay on topic in a thread created by a moderator (http://www.city-data.com/forum/georg...ally-like.html), even after they ask for everyone to stay on topic, I am carrying a piece of it over here.

Quote:
Bulldawgfan, lets not be crazy here. These are the crime index stats you love to post from this very http://www.city-data.com/top27.html

lol According to that "Douglas"..."Moultrie" and "Waynesboro" are "less safe" than Macon.
I am not sure why I even bother...
The crime stats are based on a population 100,000. A number that Macon just happens to hit. Moutlrie does not, therefor it has to be 'pro-rated' if you will. That is exactly why I have only compared the larger, second tier cities. But even besides all that, Moultrie has a lower crime index than Macon.
According to the data, there were six murders in Moultrie in 2007... in a city with a population of around 15,000 or so. Six rapes also. That is like one rape and murder for every 2500 people. You may find those numbers 'safe', but I do not. I think we have stumbled onto something here. Your safe and my safe are two different animals.
I am not even sure what your point is or what you are trying to prove... but you failed. Again.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:58 AM

646 posts, read 1,043,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
King_9.5,

Look again, my friend. I did not bring up the mall fight. Not this year, any ways. Someone saw it on TruTV and I simply mentioned that it was also on youtube.

Even though you refuse to stay on topic in a thread created by a moderator (http://www.city-data.com/forum/georg...ally-like.html), even after they ask for everyone to stay on topic, I am carrying a piece of it over here.

I am not sure why I even bother...
The crime stats are based on a population 100,000. A number that Macon just happens to hit. Moutlrie does not, therefor it has to be 'pro-rated' if you will. That is exactly why I have only compared the larger, second tier cities. But even besides all that, Moultrie has a lower crime index than Macon.
According to the data, there were six murders in Moultrie in 2007... in a city with a population of around 15,000 or so. Six rapes also. That is like one rape and murder for every 2500 people. You may find those numbers 'safe', but I do not. I think we have stumbled onto something here. Your safe and my safe are two different animals.
I am not even sure what your point is or what you are trying to prove... but you failed. Again.

NO you have failed, trying to make thing out to be worse that what it really is just like King_X said..... don't try to use some old information as if its current trying to provide your point.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:48 AM

1,810 posts, read 3,608,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
NO you have failed, trying to make thing out to be worse that what it really is just like King_X said.....
I am going to ask you this for the last time.
Show me once where I tried to make things to be worse than they really are. I posted published data supporting my claims. I made nothing up. I stated my opinion and provided published data to support them.
I cannot help that you and King_9.5 will not except the data which shows Macon to be the very worst (of the second tier cities) in regards to crime and income. And one of the worst like-sized cities in the entire southeastern U.S.. Your arguments are based on 'feelings'. Mine are based on facts. This debate has ended about a month ago for everyone but the two of you. Let it go......

Old 03-27-2009, 04:15 PM

Bulldawgfan, it's not that hard to see dude....going around telling people "hey youtube that fight at the macon mall" is similar to someone pointing out one specific bad lost by an over .500 sports team to try and prove they are horrible.

When I was a teen in the late 90s and early 2000s the mall and adjacent movie theatre was BAD, but it has not been that way for years.

When I see people like you bringin up little instances or still talkin about how dangerous the mall is, I know that the person is either

A) Intentionally trying to make it look worse than it is
or
B) Really just dont know what they are talking about and going off of the words of others.

Again, I'm not here to say Macon is better than all of these cities at everything, it's just that
people go overboard with how "bad" Macon is (and sometimes Augusta....and Savannah) and they with how "thriving Columbus is.

Augusta and Savannah look and feel more urban than Macon and Columbus.
With Macon third, and Columbus 4th. Reason being that even if Columbus is more populated
the amount of major roads, skyline and being more compact makes Macon seem like a more "city" enviornment than Columbus. They are all equally as ghetto.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:34 PM

Bulldawgfan, Columbus and Augusta haved consolidated city/county govs. Because of this, the higher incomes and lower crime rates in more rural, suburban type parts of the county would make them look better. If what is known as "North Macon" and Southern Bibb County were accounted for (as they should be) in Macon's pop....those #'s for Macon wouldnt be the same.

These figures are relatively close
how could any one make one the places to be so much worse or better
than the other?

Bibb County
Population 154,709

Median household income $36,954
Persons below poverty 24.2%
Bachelor's degree or higher 21.3%

Muscogee County
Population 187,046

Median household income $41,095
persons below poverty 18.6%
Bachelor's degree or higher 20.3%

Richmond County
Poulation 197,000

Median household income $36,944
Persons below poverty 23.9%
Bachelor's degree or higher 18.7%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or