U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:03 PM
 
645 posts, read 1,043,425 times
Reputation: 177

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Show me one place in my last post that is opinionated. There is nothing but documented data and articles from your own newspaper. Put up or shut up. Where is my opinion? Show me.
From the movie A Few Good Men.... "You can't handle the truth".
No one ever said that Macon does NOT have a crime problem, but its not to the extend in which you describe it to be, nor does it appear to be.....People research and come up with statics all the time but that does not mean thats it actually happens it just a prediction or estimate base on numbers.......For an example the statics that were previously provided shows that Macon's crime on a average is higher or ranked with some of the larger cities like Atlanta,NYC and etc.. But anyone with common sense knows regardless of what the statics show, you would be more likely to become a victim of crime in NYC, ATL or LA than you would be any day in Macon...... Anyone who feels different is your opinion but i think you have a major sociological issue or a weird way of thinking....

The thing King_X was trying to express, is that although Macon has a crime issue, what city doesn't or at one point did? Issues like crime come and go, thats something you can never rid any city of........ you may improve or lower the crime rate but never can completely wipe it out..... There was a point of time When Savannah's crime rate was just as worse as Macon, but you never saw anyone highlighting Savannah as a crime ridden hell hole. It always just Macon........ Someone can post something positive about Macon, here goes you and JohnATL , it will never see the lights of day or maybe the crack head will enjoy that..... never a congrats to Macon or it time for growth in Ga beside ATL or something positive.... always finding ways to condemn the city or make it seem like some slum in a third world country.........I agree Macon has some very not so good areas but to the extent you guys describe; is ridiculously and not 100% of a true reflection. Macon has been working very hard to revitizalize several inner city neighborhoods, several block or DT and etc to help improve areas of inner city with eye sores and promote more growth in the core city as well...... Macon has made a lot of progress to enhance the appearance of this city and I feel that if you are going to talk about the bad so should you talk about the good just as well..... that is what makes you guys look like Macon hater..... always scraping the barrels to find dirt........and it has been noticed by several posters on this site. not just the ones from or who support Macon.

 
Old 03-28-2009, 08:42 PM
 
Location: Here and there
1,810 posts, read 3,608,514 times
Reputation: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
...but its not to the extend in which you describe it to be,.
Are you implying that I made those stats up? Are you saying there was not 22 murders in 2007? Or 5166 thefts? I am describing nothing. I have posted factual data. You simply cannot except that. Your newspaper from this morning tells the story.
From the movie Stripes "Thats the fact, Jack".
 
Old 03-28-2009, 09:51 PM
 
645 posts, read 1,043,425 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Are you implying that I made those stats up? Are you saying there was not 22 murders in 2007? Or 5166 thefts? I am describing nothing. I have posted factual data. You simply cannot except that. Your newspaper from this morning tells the story.
From the movie Stripes "Thats the fact, Jack".
Man its a waste of time with you are such a "donkey" this is my Last response to any of your posts.....
 
Old 03-29-2009, 04:54 AM
 
Location: Here and there
1,810 posts, read 3,608,514 times
Reputation: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
Man its a waste of time with you are such a "donkey" this is my Last response to any of your posts.....
There is a God after all.....
 
Old 03-29-2009, 05:36 AM
 
Location: Macon, GA
1,908 posts, read 4,032,897 times
Reputation: 1771
Bulldawgfan, your hate is obvious. You act as if I am claiming Macon has NO crime problem. You act as if I'm saying Macon's crime problem is less than the other cities.

no..............what I am saying is that these cities are very similar with similar sized "ghetto" areas within each city.

For the most part, when it comes to "CRIME"...none of these cities are really so much BETTER or WORSE than the other........

I know Macon has a crime problem which I hate, but so do the other cities, why are you acting as if it is ONLY Macon?


You post things from Macon....these are recent stories


Columbus


50-year-old man attacked in Columbus

Agencies use universal response training after hospital shooting

Meth lab found in mobile home

Man Stabbed While Tryign to Feed his Dog

Argument between cousins ends violently

.................................................. .

Savannah



Chatham auto thefts on rise

Fatal shooting marks 6th homicide of year

Missing woman's body found in brush

Shooting wounds man, 18, in face

Man dies of wounds from shooting






no use doing the same for AUG and Albany....you get my drift. There is alot going on in our cities we should not be proud of or stand for.....It's just very biased of you to act like Macon is the only one of our 2nd Tier cities these things happen in regularly.
 
Old 03-29-2009, 06:21 AM
 
Location: Here and there
1,810 posts, read 3,608,514 times
Reputation: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
Bulldawgfan, your hate is obvious....It's just very biased of you to act like Macon is the only one of our 2nd Tier cities these things happen in regularly.
King_9.5,

I hate no place. I do not waste my time placing emotions on inanimate objects. I could love ice cream but it is not going to love me back. And it is not biased of me to present data that shows everyone who cares to look that the two of you are wrong when you say that Macon is no worse than the other second tier cities.

We have spent a month or so going back and forth on this issue. While others may say that they are tired of this debate... I want you to take a look at the post views on these threads. The thread views are substantially higher than most on here. Perhaps it is like a car wreck... you do not want to look but you cannot help yourself.

Lest we remember that it was the two of you that have made the claim that Macon is no worse than any other second tier city. Oh I realize that from time to time you throw in a tid bit like "there is ghetto in all these places", but no one ever claimed that any place was without it's problem areas. You cannot back-track now.

By saying these things you have attempted to 'lower' other places for comparison. I have been able to produce published data to counter each and every single claim you guys have made. One of you attempted to find another like-sized city in the southeast that was comparable to Macon. And failed. Both of you seem to think I am picking on Macon but have yet to show where I said anything that was not backed up by data. No, I do not hate Macon. But I am annoyed by people who cannot see the forest because of the trees. Those who cannot accept that they were wrong and continue a debate long after they have exhausted their credibility.

I never claimed any second tier city was Eden. I never claimed any of these cities did not have problems.
It was you guys that made the claim that Macon was no worse than the others.
You guys have continually called me a hater because I proved that you guys were wrong.
It really is that simple. You guys made false claims. Accept the fact that you entered into a debate and lost.
And for God's sake move on. Please.
 
Old 03-29-2009, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Macon, GA
1,908 posts, read 4,032,897 times
Reputation: 1771
Bulldawgfan, I'm sure you are also
aware that ALL of these cities crime statistics are above national
average, not just Macon. In most instances DOUBLE OR MORE higher. Thats not me
"lowering" anything....thats what the stats that you love to post indicate.

I know Macon's are worse..I'm not denying that..but my point is that ALL of them
are bad and need improving.


What you are doing is like comparing Atlanta's Crime Vs. Detroit's Crime
but ONLY complaining about Detroit's because it's higher....despite
the fact that Atlanta's crime is high as well.

That seems like hate and being biased to me.

lol you are making it seem like Macon is the only place we have
here with high crime although its DOUBLE or MORE than national
average the other cities as well.

If Macon's high crime bothers you so much.....then how doesnt
the high crime rate in the other cities bother you?

Thats just seems like bashing to me.
 
Old 03-30-2009, 07:09 PM
 
645 posts, read 1,043,425 times
Reputation: 177
Construction on the new lofts DT Macon called"lofts AT425 new Starts April 2009
Lofts at 425 New, Macon GA | Site coming soon!
 
Old 08-25-2009, 08:34 PM
 
726 posts, read 2,554,202 times
Reputation: 86
Development must focus on '2nd Georgia'

Ran across this editorial in the Athens paper that makes the argument that some have made before: state economic development officials need to steer development to other metro areas outside of Atlanta. However, this editorial goes a step further and says that the city's "water woes" mean that Atlanta is practically maxed out economically, so the state will really have no other choice.

Editorial: Development must focus on '2nd Georgia' | Opinion | OnlineAthens.com
 
Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 PM
 
1,304 posts, read 3,342,656 times
Reputation: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
Development must focus on '2nd Georgia'

Ran across this editorial in the Athens paper that makes the argument that some have made before: state economic development officials need to steer development to other metro areas outside of Atlanta. However, this editorial goes a step further and says that the city's "water woes" mean that Atlanta is practically maxed out economically, so the state will really have no other choice.

Editorial: Development must focus on '2nd Georgia' | Opinion | OnlineAthens.com
Sorry, but this 2 Georgias thing is a bit hackneyed. The state has spent tons of money on these developmental highways throughout rural Gerorgia in hopes to attract industry and development.. but people and large companies still want to be near MAJOR metropolitan areas and the amenities they provide. Metro Atlanta actually send more to the state in revenue then it gets back in spending.. so this is really a myth that Atlanta gets all of the money. It has more than half the state's population, so it does naturally get a lot but it does not get back in proportion to want it sends to the state. Atlanta begame the hub it is because of transportation.. being at the forefront of railroads when other cities ion the state were still focusing on barges and other transport modes becoming obsolete. Atlanta also benefitted from mayors like William B Hartsfield and Ivan Allen who thought big and pushed visionary ideas. Such as building a large airport, getting professional sports teams, etc. Atlanta also avoided much of the racial tension seen in its southern neighbors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top