U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 07:40 PM

10,338 posts, read 20,590,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
In all these threads (mostly about Columbus) I excluded Augusta because I have never spent any time there... just passed through. Despite what some might think, my opinions come from actually seeing and being around a place for at least some time. Of these "second tier" cities we keep ranting about, Augusta is the only one I cannot honestly comment about. And I do not purposely look for the bad things either.... despite what some might say. The funny thing about this is that I live about 40 miles from Macon, yet I think I was called a 'Columbus' guy!! But, that is way better than being called a 'Macon' guy... that place is just nasty.
LOL. Now I know why I go to Atlanta at least five times every year including this Friday and next Thursday and have never visited Macon or Columbus. I have only passed through Augusta on the interstate.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:41 PM

1,072 posts, read 1,578,806 times
BUt from what you said earlier.. you didn't see Augusta.. you saw the outskirts..I520 and I20 are atleast 7 miles from the center of Augusta..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
In all these threads (mostly about Columbus) I excluded Augusta because I have never spent any time there... just passed through. Despite what some might think, my opinions come from actually seeing and being around a place for at least some time. Of these "second tier" cities we keep ranting about, Augusta is the only one I cannot honestly comment about. And I do not purposely look for the bad things either.... despite what some might say. The funny thing about this is that I live about 40 miles from Macon, yet I think I was called a 'Columbus' guy!! But, that is way better than being called a 'Macon' guy... that place is just nasty.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
LOL. Now I know why I go to Atlanta at least five times every year including this Friday and next Thursday and have never visited Macon or Columbus. I have only passed through Augusta on the interstate.
You don't pass through Augusta on I20.. you pass "by" it. All you see are billboards, fast food restaurants, and strip malls.. you'd never know there was a city there. It just looks like a pit stop on the interstate.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
You don't pass through Augusta on I20.. you pass "by" it. All you see are billboards, fast food restaurants, and strip malls.. you'd never know there was a city there. It just looks like a pit stop on the interstate.
I imagine it still looked better than the downtown area. LOL.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:54 PM

2,697 posts, read 4,635,438 times
Quote:
Well maybe they came from someplace worse like Florence, SC or Albany, GA... which in that case Augusta may seem big time.. or maybe they just like the smell of rotten eggs in the morning.
I came from Boulder, Colorado and Honolulu, Hawaii. And yes, I'm a huge fan of Augusta. This city has a lot of potential and it's starting to live up to it.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
I came from Boulder, Colorado and Honolulu, Hawaii. And yes, I'm a huge fan of Augusta. This city has a lot of potential and it's starting to live up to it.
You came from where and you're a huge fan of what? Oh dear.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
How long have you lived in Augusta?? You still havea lot to learn. Those of us who grew up in Augusta have been hearing this same song and dance for over 30 years.. Every place has "potential" it's what you do with it that matters.. and in Augusta ppl love to talk about what they want to do.. but their is rarely any follow through. I cannot tell you how many different "master plans" they have unveiled for Augusta in the last 25 years.. with none of them being acted on. Augusta is a pace where good ideas go to die.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:04 PM

2,697 posts, read 4,635,438 times
I have high confidence in this mayor, and this city council. Things are getting done, and the mayor at least has a very clear vision of where he would like to take the city. Despite the weak mayor system, the council is getting behind it a little.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:13 PM

220 posts, read 540,541 times
There are brand new houses and a crane building the james brown townhomes. And the library which has alread started construction. Also the judicial center starting in nov. Are all on this one street.. Ride down 9th street james brown boulevard. Augusta is full of construction

Last edited by judgeme; 07-28-2008 at 08:24 PM..

Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM

1,810 posts, read 3,601,917 times
Quote:
BUt from what you said earlier.. you didn't see Augusta.. you saw the outskirts..I520 and I20 are atleast 7 miles from the center of Augusta..
Dude... read more, post less. I commented on the highway projects and admitted that I have only passed through. Exactly which part of that did you not understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or