U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:52 AM

1,810 posts, read 3,603,271 times

Advertisements

Mobile,Columbia,Chattanogga, Tallahasse, Charleston VS Augusta, Columbus, Macon, Savannah, Athens

y-girl,
Spell check is your friend. Do not be afraid to use it. I wonder why everything has to be a contest to you. Of all the cities listed above I have worked (and spent time) in all of them but Augusta. And despite you posting artists renditions of what is to be, I would choose every other city (sans Augusta) to live in before Macon. That is my choice based on my eyes and the experiences I have had in each. You can keep posting your stuff, and even try to specifically call me out, but nothing you say is going to change my mind. We people are all different... and I know that I am not alone in my feelings toward your city. I invite anyone to come visit Macon and make up their own mind. But I will continue to counter your posts with mine if you insist on painting a picture that is not a true reflection of actuality. What will be, someday, is not what is today. Big road plans, big proposed projects... let them happen and let the cards fall where they may. Until then, Macon is what it is... lets leave other peoples decisions up to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,579,938 times
Bulldawgfan, you're not missing much in Augusta. It's pretty much almost a carbon copy of Macon..only further from Atlanta, which is the only reason I give Macon a slight edge over Disgusta.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:47 AM

2,697 posts, read 4,638,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
I remember what Chatanooga was like in the early to mid 80s.. what they have done to turn that city around in the last 20 years is nothing short of miraculous.
That's my hope for Augusta. With time, care, and energy, it has a lot to offer. Things ain't looking good in the short term with the Watermark going down...

Old 07-29-2008, 09:53 AM

726 posts, read 2,551,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawgfan View Post
Mobile,Columbia,Chattanogga, Tallahasse, Charleston VS Augusta, Columbus, Macon, Savannah, Athens

y-girl,
Spell check is your friend. Do not be afraid to use it. I wonder why everything has to be a contest to you. Of all the cities listed above I have worked (and spent time) in all of them but Augusta. And despite you posting artists renditions of what is to be, I would choose every other city (sans Augusta) to live in before Macon. That is my choice based on my eyes and the experiences I have had in each. You can keep posting your stuff, and even try to specifically call me out, but nothing you say is going to change my mind. We people are all different... and I know that I am not alone in my feelings toward your city. I invite anyone to come visit Macon and make up their own mind. But I will continue to counter your posts with mine if you insist on painting a picture that is not a true reflection of actuality. What will be, someday, is not what is today. Big road plans, big proposed projects... let them happen and let the cards fall where they may. Until then, Macon is what it is... lets leave other peoples decisions up to them.
Lol, First of all I didn’t know we will were having a “spelling bee”, but I can see you clearly you knew exactly what I was talking about; you decide to add your input. Second I don’t care what YOU or any one else thinks or feel about Macon, whether or not yawl chose to believe any thing I say, because it not to persuade but to inform, OK… and nothing I put up about Macon is hype, untrue or etc… all the projects I have mentioned are well on it way either in the renderings, under construction or in the completion phases. While you are trying become the forum’s spelling bee champ, you need to channel more of that focus in reading and searching more before you open you mouth and try to derail positive comments coming about Macon. Oh yeah, I encourage people to visit all of the 2nd tier not only Macon, But I’m sure when they come to Macon it will not be a sight of disappointment like they do when visiting some of the others, but amazed that its nothing like what the Macon hater try to paint a picture of in people minds……. But more of a vibrant and thriving city with lots of growth and up coming opportunities……I don’t have to exaggerate, or add any hype about Macon because it attributes shines for itself…….Lol….. Obliviously by now you and anyone else knows that when I post anything about Macon I more than always include supporting information, unlike some that will get on here add or post comments like my city has largest, fastest or what ever and there not a web site or report in the world that clarifies it was true……”just trying to boost the city” ………..Lol It not a competition, I’m just curious to know how these city compare to each other in growth and etc, if there ANY. Isn’t that what forums are designed for to provide informative information and allow options for discussions

Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 AM

10,338 posts, read 20,598,463 times
It's Bacon.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:04 AM

726 posts, read 2,551,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
It's Bacon.
thats right, consistently cooking and smelling GOOD,lol....

Old 07-29-2008, 10:15 AM

10,338 posts, read 20,598,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yerocal View Post
thats right, consistently cooking and smelling GOOD,lol....
What is love? Baby, don't hurt me no more.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:42 AM

110 posts, read 280,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgustaSucks View Post
I remember what Chatanooga was like in the early to mid 80s.. what they have done to turn that city around in the last 20 years is nothing short of miraculous.
I was impressed with Chatanooga when I visited. I didn't explore much though. What did they do to pull it up so well?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:50 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,579,938 times
Lots and lots of vision and investment... The Aquarium was a big start.. Riverwalk.. Pedestrian Bridge.. Luring Regal Cinema downtown.. downtown ball park.. facade improvements, and street scaping. The city looks 200% better than it did 20 years ago.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:31 AM

2,697 posts, read 4,638,356 times
Riverwalk...check

Downtown ball park....visionary mayor is pushing it, looking good

Facade improvements/street scaping...front of bees knees done as proof of concept, looks incredible

Thanks for agreeing Augusta is on the right track, Disgusta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or