Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 09:28 AM

164 posts, read 490,374 times

Advertisements

I'm about 70 miles north of Jacksonville, and it's getting a bit stormy.

We're not getting a lot of rain like Florida, but we have had over two inches. The winds are bad, I have many pecan limbs down, two huge ones fell on my chain link fence and crushed it. My neighbor has a whole pecan tree blowed over by his mailbox (the tree was about 80 years old). I have many gree pecans on the ground.
I've been picking up limbs between the rain bands, and am watchful of breaking limbs as I pull off the ones already down. I hope my chainsaw is sharp.
I guess we'll have a good crop of Florida "sqitters" after this blows over. Them suckers get huge! I'll have to go buy a case of "off".
walkin2e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 PM

30 posts, read 118,325 times
Looks like it's moving very slowly. Sorry to hear about all of the damage. I hate to hear about pecan trees being damaged! Do you make pecan pie out of those suckers?

Old 08-22-2008, 01:23 PM

164 posts, read 490,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell/Alpharetta Homes View Post
Looks like it's moving very slowly. Sorry to hear about all of the damage. I hate to hear about pecan trees being damaged! Do you make pecan pie out of those suckers?

Yes...I ain't good at it, but all of my sisters, and my Aunt makes great pee-can pie!

walkin2e

Old 08-22-2008, 01:51 PM

1,808 posts, read 4,037,321 times
The first of the 'bands' are hitting us right now. High wind advisories and tornado warnings. It looks as if there are several other 'bands' lining up behind this one. Stay safe everyone.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:16 PM

894 posts, read 4,348,545 times
My son is in Tallahassee. We have friends in Jax who said that they are without power.

We moved from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta and know the kind of damage that storms, whether tropical or hurricane force can do. I most definately don't miss them. It can be quite stressful, the planning, the prep, the waiting for it pass. The cleanup..

Be safe!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia