U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:02 AM

1 posts, read 1,868 times

Advertisements

Dear coachjp,

I lived in Milledgeville for 5 years, and had to move out recently due to job relocation. It is a safe community with friendly people. There is an area, mostly in the southside, where the houses are not well kept, but I never felt unsafe anywhere around Milledgeville (I would definetely not say the same about Macon). Macon is 30 miles away, but I rarely go there. You should have no problem finding a good house to rent either. In fact, I have my 3br/2ba house for sale, it is like new and located in a very convenient neighborhood, so if you are looking to buy or just rent, let me know. Hope you will like Milledgeville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,761 times
Milledgeville is a nice city with many places to eat and some shopping centers. I prefer shopping in Warner Robins. Milledgeville school system is sub standard compared to the school system located in Gray and Warner Robins, Georgia. Crime in Milledgeville is just like any other city small city, such as Macon Georgia.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 AM

32 posts, read 114,845 times
I live in Gray right now...actually just made my first trip to Milledgeville the weekend before last. My first impression was good, it seems like a nice little community with average shopping places, but I am not sure about the schools. Makes a much better first impression than Macon. Lake Sinclair is in Milledgeville if you like boating, we went through the camp ground at the State Park and it was okay...pretty but below average facilities.

It also seems clean compared to some of the areas around here, at least the part of town that I was in, I even went back to Milledgeville rather than Macon for one of my shopping trips last week.

We picked Gray (my husband's job is actually near Juliette) due to having one of the higher rated school systems in the area. If you are driving to Northwest Macon, I would think Milledgeville would get to be a little far, you should be able to find something nice close to North Macon but in either Jones or Monroe Counties...both are supposed to be better school systems than Bibb County.

I have been here for 5 months now and had been going to Macon for almost everything...but let me warn you, I don't know if the crime is as bad as the reputation it has but Macon in general is just not nice. It has some nice areas, especially North Macon, but it is mainly the kind of place that no one takes care of. It is old & dirty. I have never felt unsafe, but I am selective about where I go and when I go to places. The places that are "nice" are mixed in with a lot of impoverished or just plain run down areas for the most part.

Gray is okay, I guess it has a lot considering how small it is. I would not want to stay here permanently and am thankful that my husband's job will only last a couple years in this location.

I try to stay positive but in general I really don't like this area and a lot of it may be because I am a midwestern girl and this is just not home.

Hopes this helps, I would be happy to share more detailed information with you if you have any specific questions. I know how it is when you have to pick some place to live that you know nothing about. We are a family of 5 by the way with 1 middle school girl and 2 preschool boys.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:40 PM

3 posts, read 5,029 times
Milledgeville is VERY safe and the penal and mental institutions kept this town and banks out of bankruptcy during the Great Depression unlike neighboring counties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or