U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 6,753 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good black church on this side of town...Can anyone help me with that? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 12:14 PM

313 posts, read 748,017 times
I have done searches on churches in the area....I used to live there.

I did find one congregation...it is methodist.

St James UMC on Webb Bridge in Alpharetta.

I feel there may be at least a couple of others...try a search online using African american churches in Alpharetta or Roswell. My search was confined to United methodist.

Old 09-25-2008, 01:58 PM

1,132 posts, read 1,567,912 times
Default Looking a church

Iam looking for a good white church in Roswell or Alpharetta. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:33 AM

4,907 posts, read 5,384,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Iam looking for a good white church in Roswell or Alpharetta. Does anybody have any suggestions?
If you don't mind a very large church, I strongly recommend NorthPoint Community Church. It is on NorthPoint Pkwy between Old Milton Pkwy and Kimball Bridge.

I wouldn't call it a white church, all races are there, but it would be primarily white in attendance.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
If you don't mind a very large church, I strongly recommend NorthPoint Community Church. It is on NorthPoint Pkwy between Old Milton Pkwy and Kimball Bridge.

I wouldn't call it a white church, all races are there, but it would be primarily white in attendance.
Thanks. I was actually joking. I think it's funny and very Christian of us to look for churches based on Race. Very funny.

Do Muslim's look for white muslim mosques? Ha. Still the most segregated hour in this Land of God and Country. What would Jesus do? Better yet, What would Jesus say?

Old 09-29-2008, 04:41 PM

603 posts, read 1,229,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
Thanks. I was actually joking. I think it's funny and very Christian of us to look for churches based on Race. Very funny.

Do Muslim's look for white muslim mosques? Ha. Still the most segregated hour in this Land of God and Country. What would Jesus do? Better yet, What would Jesus say?
You are obviously not black.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM

9,913 posts, read 14,646,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
That doesn't mean the OP can't comment.

It is interesting how many double standards exist in life (e.g., boys are often praised by their peers for sleeping around, while girls are often vilified for the exact same actions), and some of those double standards revolve around racial prejudice.

Segregation is a two-way street, and a double-edged sword. Some onus should (IMO) be put on minority groups to step forward and join majority society on their own. It isn't just the responsibility of the "white man" to help everyone else integrate. They need to take some responsibility.

Some do. The Somali community in the Twin Cities, for example, is moving quickly already.

I'm not convinced, however, that segregated churches help the situation much w.r.t. to racial relations in this county.

My two cents, at any rate...

Old 09-30-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
This has got to be the funniest response I have ever received on city data. I AM BLACK!!!! CERTIFIED 100% down to my brown skin. So why is it that I'm obviously - in your opinion - not black. I merely made a point about the most segregated hour. Praise the Lord. I'm also a Christian. Will Jesus be coming for the Black or White Church?

Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 PM

313 posts, read 748,017 times
Lord...it doesnt matter...one just wants to be comfortable in their worship. Should one take offense over which denomination you chose? Just like a traditional service over a contemporary praise service....Certain churches have different ways in which they worship...I dont really think color is an issue.

Old 10-27-2008, 10:36 PM

12,880 posts, read 19,580,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergrl View Post
Lord...it doesnt matter...one just wants to be comfortable in their worship. Should one take offense over which denomination you chose? Just like a traditional service over a contemporary praise service....Certain churches have different ways in which they worship...I dont really think color is an issue.
Darn right...the OP is making a perfectly reasonable inquiry. If you have nothing constructive to say, stay off the thread. It's that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia