Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:11 PM

96 posts, read 424,581 times

Advertisements

tons of yanks in canton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 09:56 PM

4 posts, read 7,349 times
Hey Debby, you sound kind of like us. I am 33 and my husband is 24, we are moving from Maryland into Mille Creek, have two small girls 7 and 4 and LOVE dogs. I am actually a part time trainer up here in Maryland and I do legal transcription for my "real" job. My husband does refrigeration work, but will be looking into the Georgia National Guard when we get there. We are moving on February 15th. We also enjoy adult beverages...well, I do, but the hubby can't handle very much of it.

Old 12-07-2009, 05:58 PM

6 posts, read 18,511 times
Default Hey Amanda

Well, it has been awhile since I have been on here. I am happy to say that we have enjoyed our time so far in GA. We are still working on the friends aspect.

We have met very few people in our development still. I guess that is the downside to being in a development that has no rules, no clubhouse and no dues.

But, I found the website meetup.com and joined the Cherokee County Social Adventures Group and have made a ton of friends. The ages range from 20's to 50's, some with kids, some without. We go hiking, shopping, shows, trivia nights, etc. Since I joined a few months ago, I have made so many more friends than I did over the last 2 and a half years.

Overall, I am enjoying the climate. I still can't believe how long my swimming season is. I wouldn't say I experienced culture shock, but overall people are a bit more relaxed and friendly. Sometimes when I travel back "home" to PA / NJ and I thank the cashier at Quick-Check, they look at me like I have five heads. I forgot how no one ever takes the time to say thank you up North.

Anyway, if anyone wants more information about moving down or if anyone here wants to get together, feel free to email me dciccone@cyberwebnetworks.com

Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 AM

150 posts, read 481,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by medicchik View Post
Well, it has been awhile since I have been on here. I am happy to say that we have enjoyed our time so far in GA. We are still working on the friends aspect.

We have met very few people in our development still. I guess that is the downside to being in a development that has no rules, no clubhouse and no dues.

But, I found the website meetup.com and joined the Cherokee County Social Adventures Group and have made a ton of friends. The ages range from 20's to 50's, some with kids, some without. We go hiking, shopping, shows, trivia nights, etc. Since I joined a few months ago, I have made so many more friends than I did over the last 2 and a half years.

Overall, I am enjoying the climate. I still can't believe how long my swimming season is. I wouldn't say I experienced culture shock, but overall people are a bit more relaxed and friendly. Sometimes when I travel back "home" to PA / NJ and I thank the cashier at Quick-Check, they look at me like I have five heads. I forgot how no one ever takes the time to say thank you up North.

Anyway, if anyone wants more information about moving down or if anyone here wants to get together, feel free to email me dciccone@cyberwebnetworks.com

I go up north every year to Western New York and I think people are just as friendly up there as down here in the south. Maybe even a bit more friendly.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:32 AM

3,464 posts, read 1,896,566 times
how long does it take to drive from canton to dahlonega?

Old 12-08-2009, 12:06 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,371,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 419gottaminute View Post
how long does it take to drive from canton to dahlonega?
With no traffic that's 1-1.5 hours- do it during normal commute times and it could easily be 2+.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:22 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,373,817 times
dahlonega is really within reach from the east side - gainesville etc.

i've seen all sorts in canton. californians, coloradons. a lot of survivalist type people though, regardless of where they are from

yanks are mostly clustered around the lakes. then again, i steer clear of the subs in canton so maybe i just dont see them? but certainly haven't seen many at all in public places that i know of

Old 08-10-2011, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,139 times
Hey there...I was just 'Googling" some things to do in Canton, GA and this post pulled up. How funny that we just moved into "Quail Pointe" this past June 2011. I know this post is old, but weird how I stumbled upon it. email me if you want...would love to know if you are still in the neighborhood...i don't know anyone here yet (and it's August..) Thanks, Lorie canupfamily at yahoo dot com [email]canupfamily@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 PM

26 posts, read 79,087 times
That's right. Churches. North Georgia has more churches it seems than any other place in the country.

You join a church and you immediately have a family of at least 30 families that will be happy to socialize with you.

The modern American way is to NOT socialize. It's common for families to have a member in each room in the evening using electronics communicating with someone in another part of the country. Sound familiar?

Old 08-11-2011, 08:48 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,076,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet4624 View Post
The modern American way is to NOT socialize. It's common for families to have a member in each room in the evening using electronics communicating with someone in another part of the country. Sound familiar?
Speak for yourself. My wife and I are in the same room and talking to each other while reading stuff online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia