U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 04:19 PM

24 posts, read 49,560 times

Advertisements

The important element is that CRIME increases as the illegal population increases. Plus you should consider that education quality decreases. The schools find it difficult to offer a quality education and still provide funds for translators.

The illegals try to hide behind the same laws which they break. It's a lose-lose proposition for both the town and the illegals who settle there. Ellijay is just one of many towns who elected to turn a blind eye toward illegal immigrants.

We need some "undocumented border patrol agents" to turn in the illegals. Someone once said, "all that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." We have too many good people who just turn a blind eye...you know, like George Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 05:31 PM

19 posts, read 110,240 times
Default Canton is a good choice

Hi Brandy

I personally think that Canton is a great town to consider. We live in Canton, not too far from Lake Allatoona, and we have a 13 year old that attends school at Freedom Elementary.

Crime is, well almost non-existant where I live. Cherokee County is truly a great place to live in!!

Let us know if you have any questions!

Old 05-02-2007, 06:47 PM

168 posts, read 564,723 times
There was a big writeup in the paper a year or so ago about the illegals and their big drug hub in Dalton - on their circuit to the north. I'm not so sure about "all" the carpet people staying there. I know of one who has left for better pastures closer to Atlanta. As far as the highest percentage of millionaires, that would be Los Angeles, NY, and many other cities....nowhere near Dalton. Maybe you meant "per capita"?

Old 05-02-2007, 06:54 PM

279 posts, read 355,914 times
look into big canoe GA, they have a website...it is a gated private resort of 8,000 acres near jasper/tate

Old 05-03-2007, 12:50 PM

9 posts, read 48,323 times
I live in Dalton...back after 20 years...and I'm loving it. I find the new diversity very enlivening. Yes we have hispanics (mostly legal, by the way, despite the comments here - there are very stringent regulations and the IMS actually opened an office here to help the large Fortune 500 companies maintain proper records, etc.). But we also have French and Belgian and Korean and Vietnamese...for a small southern town there is a lot of culture, a great Creative Arts Guild, two little theaters, a great library, Friday night football games at the high school that draw a huge crowd, great old homes as well as new developments, lots of parks, loads of people out walking when the weather is nice, etc. The downtown is really growing and adding new shops...there are lots of churches, many denominations. Good restaurants...although we could use some additional national chains. The people are friendly too. I happen to thing its a pretty cool little town.

And by the way, I think that "millionaires" comment is dated. I believe is was a fact that Johnny Carson quoted back in the late 1970's, and at the time, there were more millionaires per capita in Dalton than anywhere in the US. Then came Silicon Valley....and you know the rest.

Old 05-06-2007, 04:33 PM

6 posts, read 40,514 times
Default I definitely wouldn't

recommend Dalton. Try Blue Ridge, Cherry Log, Morganton, Mineral Bluff, McCaysville. These are all nice areas in the mountains.

Old 05-07-2007, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 10,042 times
Someone mentioned Paulding County, which is where I live. The place is exploding with not very well planned growth, and the schools are extremely overcrowded. We have every intention of moving away from Paulding when my husband retires in a few years.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 9,664 times
Hi. My family & I might be relocating to Chatsworth Georgia from out of state. I would like to know what's it like in Chatsworth. How are the schools,
how friendly are the people that live there and anything else you could tell me I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Old 11-11-2007, 10:01 PM

20 posts, read 86,238 times
I have lived all over the east coast and have lived in a golf course subdivision north of Dalton for the past 14 years. I do not believe the negative posts of Dalton are accurate. It has been a great place to raise kids. I have not experienced the crime, poverty or other problems mentionned in the previous posts. The hispanic population is not out of line with many other areas of Georgia or the US.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:34 PM

93 posts, read 148,706 times
My vote is for the Ringgold area (Catoosa County). My wife and I feel very safe here.
We have the mountains,schools are very good ( Heritage High School will open in the fall of 2008). We are only about 7 miles from Chattanooga TN. They have Supper Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, big mall and alot of eating places. For the bike/hiking trails I go over to the Chickamauga Civil War Park about 10 miles away. You can also go to Ft Ogleghorpe 9 miles away, they have K-Mart, Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot and eating places.
PlaneFolks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or