Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 06:34 AM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.MJ View Post
I am tired of the traffic, the high unemployment rate, people moving here every millisecond and making traffic and unemployment rate higher. i am tired of seeing black men wearing high heels around town. this is my home but i am interested in va, tx. i need something new its a joke here.
OMG I just passed my coffee through my nose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 12:23 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Kudos to you, smel. +1.
I would respectfully add an often overlooked part of GA...the West Point/LaGrange/Pine Mountain area of GA is IMO gorgeous and completely unexpected for many. Take a day trip, see downtown Newnan and Pine Mountain, see Callaway Gardens and then move on to the Little White House. Just the drive between CG and the LWH is spectacular.
You are right. I go there to Pine Mountain every Thanksgiving. Snowflake Valley and the Twin Trees with their millions of twinkling white lights are my favorite part.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:20 PM

573 posts, read 2,058,889 times
I cannot stand this place, I'm losing my mind. I will move next year most likely. I can't wait to get out of Twilight Zone, this place is so depressing. If anyone thinks about moving to this state, you should also consider seeing a psychiatrist or something cause you will suffer from depression.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:42 PM

There is a lot to love about Georgia. It is one of the most beautiful states in the nation with all different types of topography. However, if your not happy there, why not move? Instead of griping about it just go somewhere else.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:24 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
The grass is always greener on the other side......until you get there and then it's got grubs and brown patches just like where you came from.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:54 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Ok darn it, yesterday I became sick of Georgia!!!!!!!

I went running in the park. After 2 miles I was stung twice, yes twice by hornets and gave 2 pints of blood to the annual misquito drive

However, in the afternoon I went to my favorite place Parma Rustic Tavern in Buford, had some good grub and now I am back to normal. Not sick of Georgia, just itchy with a little gas.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post

I went running in the park. After 2 miles I was stung twice, yes twice by hornets and gave 2 pints of blood to the annual misquito drive

However, in the afternoon I went to my favorite place Parma Rustic Tavern in Buford, had some good grub and now I am back to normal. Not sick of Georgia, just itchy with a little gas.
Gah Calamine lotion and Beano are called for.

Old 09-08-2010, 06:30 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post

ROFLMAO....glad you're not allergic to bees! That could have been a REALLY REALLY bad day!

So the mosquito's have left my area of SC and went to your neck of the woods. I'd say send them back, but I really don't want them back here either.....maybe they could go to Florida!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:15 AM

183 posts, read 467,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.MJ View Post
I am tired of the traffic, the high unemployment rate, people moving here every millisecond and making traffic and unemployment rate higher. i am tired of seeing black men wearing high heels around town. this is my home but i am interested in va, tx. i need something new its a joke here.
And those are the only reasons why you are tired of GA? LOL! I can give you a list of things I'm tired of in MI that would probably make you appreciate GA.

I am waiting on a response for a job so I might be moving there soon.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM

1,382 posts, read 3,801,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
I cannot stand this place, I'm losing my mind. I will move next year most likely. I can't wait to get out of Twilight Zone, this place is so depressing. If anyone thinks about moving to this state, you should also consider seeing a psychiatrist or something cause you will suffer from depression.
Sorry you are feeling so down on GA. Sometimes you just have to move on if you are sure you gave it a fair shake.

We are back in FL and I love it here! In my area, there are actually hills. I can see all the way to Orlando from over here. The biggie for me is that the school system here is doing a lot better financially than our old district in GA. No pay cuts, no layoffs (in fact, there are 3 new elementary teaching jobs posted today), no furlough days for teachers. Of course, the benefit package is not as good and the pay is lower, but since we don't pay into our pension here and we don't pay a state income tax, it comes out to be about the same take home. Best of all, once this hot and mosquito infested weather breaks (sometime around Halloween), we will be in paradise. My son is in Pre-k with kids and teachers of every race and religion, including a Muslim boy. For now, FL also still has one of the only pre-paid college funds left in the US and we are hoping to buy into that soon for our two boys. Oh, and we are going to Silver Springs in November. We will ride the glass bottom boats and check out the natural FL springs. Last time, I saw an alligator swimming under the water.

It also helps that I have some friends in this area. It really colors your perception of an area if you are or aren't able to make friends there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia