U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 AM

8 posts, read 45,666 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know where the highest concentration of Democrats and/or Liberal-Thinking residents live in Georgia? (No insulting answers, please!) I'm a liberal-type person and am currently living in an extremely conservative part of the state. Just curious if anyone knows if there's a higher concentration of Democrats. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 11:20 AM

7,846 posts, read 14,851,618 times
Much of Atlanta and surrounding areas of Dekalb and Clayton Counties are heavily black and Democrat. Also urban areas of Macon, Augusta, and Savannah. Check the SOS website for specific county totals, and you can see where the majority was Democrat.

11/4/2008 - President of the United States

Old 01-11-2009, 12:07 PM

Thanks for that site link. It was very informative!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:40 PM

70 posts, read 266,598 times
Irishgirl, Clarke County (Athens) is an interesting, lively, and liberal county (home of UGA). I actually live in Barrow County but work in Athens and spend most of my time there and love it! Hope this helps!

Old 01-11-2009, 08:42 PM

2 posts, read 1,307 times
So let me get this right you want to leave one place to go to another just because there is not enough democrats at your location? This is what is known as.............im not going to say it but you get my point, your going to have republicans where ever you go and you are going to have democrats where ever you go, Jezz!

Old 01-12-2009, 12:34 PM

Default V9294

No - I'm not leaving my home and county because of the number of Republicans that live here. My husband and I have BOTH lost our jobs this year and are searching for new employment. As we send out our resumes all over the state, I'm just curious as to where there are other residents with like ideals. That's all. I've lived in my current county for 18 years and like it here. If it wasn't for the job losses, we wouldn't be considering a move.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:40 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,119,018 times
irishgirl123 - You would probably be happy anywhere inside or adjacent to I-285 around Atlanta.

I live in NW DeKalb County. It is a very diverse, healthy and fairly liberal area that is probably about 75%+ Democratic.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:31 PM

726 posts, read 3,284,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael near Athens View Post
Irishgirl, Clarke County (Athens) is an interesting, lively, and liberal county (home of UGA). I actually live in Barrow County but work in Athens and spend most of my time there and love it! Hope this helps!
My daughter is an Obama Girl attending UGA and actually wore her buttons around campus
UGA is liberal in a Dixiecratic way

Old 01-14-2009, 07:56 PM

356 posts, read 1,150,688 times
Default Oh quit being a booty!

You know exactly what he means. The truth is you can go to Seattle and find some republicans but it will NOT be as many...therefore its like they're not there. You don't even get the feeling that any republicans exist. There' s not a steeple on every corner. Now are there some places like THAT in GA? I think that is what he might have meant...and hell I don't blame him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by V9294 View Post
So let me get this right you want to leave one place to go to another just because there is not enough democrats at your location? This is what is known as.............im not going to say it but you get my point, your going to have republicans where ever you go and you are going to have democrats where ever you go, Jezz!

Old 02-01-2009, 01:16 PM

62 posts, read 185,683 times
Athens/Clarke Georgia!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia