Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 09:08 PM

4 posts, read 7,326 times

Advertisements

Honestly, what could we expect moving from NJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM

13,976 posts, read 25,859,103 times
GA, at least the Atlanta metro area, is full of transplants. What specifically do you want to know? My family came from NJ. It's warmer here.

Old 01-13-2009, 09:43 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,798,322 times
I've been to parts of downtown and Buckhead where I heard more accents from New York and New Jersey than I did from the South.

Not a problem.

Just never do the, "Here's how we did it better back home" bit around the locals here - those are fighting words which will usually get a response like, "Well, get on a plane and go back, then!". LOL

Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,300,665 times
We moved down from NJ about 18 months ago and couldn't be happier. I don't think most people in the metro area really "think about NJ" at all- especially considering that most people down here are transplants from elsewhere as said above. Now, if you're thinking about moving to some of the outlying areas around GA, you may have some issues, but in/around Atlanta, as long as you're not constantly saying "ohh, I just can't find good pizza down here like in NJ" (and you really can't, btw....lol) you'll be just fine.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 PM

726 posts, read 3,593,680 times
You will have to pump your own Gas!
Can you do that?

Lots of Jersey Transplants on the Coast

Old 01-14-2009, 08:21 PM

23,374 posts, read 43,853,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
Can you do that?

...and everywhere else. So not an issue here.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:31 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,936,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgnzsavnh View Post
Can you do that?

haha That reminds me of the first time I drove to/through NJ and I accidentally pulled up to the full service area. I wondered what in the world those guys were doing.... then I realized and thought, why doesn't Georgia have this?! LOL

..but yeah, tons of Jersey transplants in Savannah. They've practically changed the accent around here! haha nah, just kidding!
As far as I'm concerned, northerners are a-ok in my book and thats pretty much the general consensus around here.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:34 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,006,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
haha That reminds me of the first time I drove to/through NJ and I accidentally pulled up to the full service area. I wondered what in the world those guys were doing.... then I realized and thought, why doesn't Georgia have this?! LOL
One of the closest gas stations to my house in Mableton is a full-service station.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 PM

12,014 posts, read 11,252,118 times
We used to own a trucking company and occasionally my husband and I would jump on a truck and pickup and deliver some loads. I was simply amazed at how beautiful New Jersey is! I guess I have been to (more accurately through) most, if not all, of the mainland states, and Virgina is the most beautiful I have seen, with New Jersey and upstate New York coming in very close (Utah is great too!).

While we were in New Jersey, the people were very nice to us, and I think you will find the same here. I believe it is a matter of attitude, and if you really want to be here and be a part of your environment, you will! And folks here will love you! Best of luck!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:43 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,936,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
One of the closest gas stations to my house in Mableton is a full-service station.
Ahhh...well, in that case, why doesn't Savannah have any full service stations? haha I do remember back in the early 90's there was one place that did, but they've since stopped doing full service..... hm... oh well.

..and I couldn't agree more with the post above me! Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
View detailed profiles of: