U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 09:27 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,224,423 times

Advertisements

...and another thing. Industrialism harms earth in many ways. What is/was wrong with people living more at peace with nature? Does that necessarily make them dumb? I think you might want to read up on people like the Mayans and their knowledge of astrology. I think several of those guys involved with that are obviously more intelligent than some of you who think you're better than somebody else because you know how to use a remote control and DVD player!!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:06 PM

925 posts, read 1,600,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
lmao@"the other ones"

lol@The racist tone by the likes of people like Georgiaboy7. Hey, I agree, illegals and law breakers of any race should be punished. There are no excuses for that. I'm a young adult african-american, and I have no excuses for young black and mexican criminals. If you break the law, then you should suffer the consequences. I also believe you should work for what you want. I was taught to work for what I want and the older males in my family didnt believe in the gov'n or anybody else taking care of their family and themselves.

But.....here is where the racism comes in. Yeah, there are a higher % of blacks and mexicans on welfare and committing violent crimes, therefore more cause for concern in those 2 communities, but the fact of the matter is there are still MORE white people on welfare in total numbers.

So, you have a problem with all the minorities on welfare and breaking the law, but no problem with the whites who do it as well, even though they represent an even HIGHER amount in total???

Sounds racist to me.

Let me give you an example. If there are 6000 white people and 2000 mexicans in a city and 2000 of the whites are on welfare as opposed to 1000 of mexicans.....yes...I agree there should be MORE concern for the mexican community.......but why would it be that you ONLY have a problem with those 1000 mexicans abusing the system...and not those 2000 whites doing the same???

I'm not on welfare and I'm not a criminal. My intermediate family and myself all work and contribute to society and have college degrees (or currently in school working on it ...*me*)...........but I do know and see plenty of white people in Jones County "leeching" off the system? Are you telling me I need to go back to Africa (a place I've never been to in my life, so I dont know how I can go back to where I have not been anyway) even though I am being a positive member of society and that you have no problem with the "leeching" type of whites I just described....all because of the color of my skin? lol Yeah ok.

It's one thing to want something done about illegals, law breakers and welfare leeches but it's another thing to use those things to promote racism.
Blacks are 13% of the population, hence they're smaller in the total crime population, but they still contribute anywhere near 40% of all crimes. Per-capita, they are over 8 times more likely to commit a violent crime.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:46 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,224,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
Blacks are 13% of the population, hence they're smaller in the total crime population, but they still contribute anywhere near 40% of all crimes. Per-capita, they are over 8 times more likely to commit a violent crime.
lol It seems like what you read must have went right over your head. I never said it wasnt, did I?

Let me state another example.

Lets say there is a city with 35,000 whites and 3,000 are criminal, and lets say this same city has 10,000 blacks and 2,000 are criminal.

Yes, the black crime rate would be higher. Yes, there would be more concern and likelihood for a black to be a criminal than a white.

What I'm asking is why would you ONLY have a problem with the black crime? So the 3,000 white criminals would get a pass because the overall crime rate among whites is lower, and the decent hard working blacks would automatically have to suffer and be identified with the criminal blacks because the black crime rate is higher?

All mexicans arent illegal, and all blacks arent criminals and on welfare............just as all southern whites arent trailer hicks and othe stereotypes that go along with that.

You cant judge INDIVIDUALS based off GROUP statistics, and if you try to do so then thats racist.

Old 08-29-2009, 01:24 AM

9,128 posts, read 21,716,432 times
Oh, I think this one has run it's course. We're deviating into stuff that has little if anything to do with the original idea of the thread. Poof - closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia