Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2009, 09:13 PM
dbd dbd started this thread

3 posts, read 9,295 times

Advertisements

Hi, I want to know if anyone has any insight with either Harmony Lakes vs River Green. These subdivisons look real nice driving thru but how are the people living there? Are the subdivisions diversified? Do they both have good schools or does one have better than the other? How is traffic in the morning/evening for both of these have only two lanes to get to I-575.

Just curious what your opinions for these two subdivisions.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 10:46 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,380,037 times
I live in Harmony on the Lakes, and we're very happy here. I don't think you'll find either area to be very diverse- Cherokee County in general is still around 90% white, and I'd bet both of those subdivisions are even higher than that. The elementary school that our kids attend is excellent, as are the middle/high schools they're slated to attend. Check River Green though, as there's a few poorer-performing schools in Cherokee (Teasley Middle and Hasty Elementary come to mind), and River Green may be zoned for them.

Traffic to 575 isn't bad- it's about 10 minutes to 575 for me. 575 itself can be a bit painful as you get close to 75, though. I'd think River Green would be about the same WRT getting to 575, but remember that you'll be getting on about 8 miles further north, so that'll add to your overall commute.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:01 AM

75 posts, read 268,661 times
I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd add an update. We live in River Green, and we love the neighborhood. There are a lot of activities to partake in and two clubhouses with pools and a workout room. There are several nature trails around the property that go through USFS woods.

There is also a brand new elementary school actually inside the subdivision, Knox Elementary. Kids do still attend Teasley Middle, and go on to Cherokee High School.

Getting to I-575 is pretty easy, as there are two ways you can go, depending on whether you want to drive north or south on the highway. Both ways only take about five minutes, even during morning or afternoon traffic. The traffic in Canton is not nearly as bad as in neighboring Woodstock--I expect that to change in years to come with more growth in the area. But still, it's quick to get anywhere in the town at any time of day.

Old 03-15-2016, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,286 times
Coming from a metropolitan area, would we easily adjust to Canton, GA?
How is the diversity and age group in this area?

Old 03-27-2016, 11:10 AM

4 posts, read 4,341 times
Hello,

We're moving to Canton/Ball Ground in June or July. Have you visited the area yet? What metropolitan area are you coming from? We're moving from the Richmond, VA area.

TAStewart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia