U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
 
Location: sowf jawja
1,940 posts, read 8,194,207 times
Reputation: 1040

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyarmonG View Post
The problem with Augusta is South Carolina. Thats also like the problem that Columbus has with Alabama. Those state won't allow those city's to annex into there states respectfally. Macon and Warner Robins can annex without the hassel of dealing with other state governments they can annex Georgia land not Alabama not South Carolina. They only have to worry about Georgia Laws and mandates

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
 
969 posts, read 2,601,943 times
Reputation: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyarmonG View Post
The problem with Augusta is South Carolina. Thats also like the problem that Columbus has with Alabama. Those state won't allow those city's to annex into there states respectfally. Macon and Warner Robins can annex without the hassel of dealing with other state governments they can annex Georgia land not Alabama not South Carolina. They only have to worry about Georgia Laws and mandates
How old are you?

Cities cannot "annex" into neighboring states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 09:45 AM
 
20 posts, read 52,013 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
How old are you?

Cities cannot "annex" into neighboring states.





^^^this is too funny for words ! I thought everyone knew that !!

Cities also don't typically 'annex' into neighboring COUNTIES either !!

'Metro governments' also seem to develop from a county-wide structure
as opposed to a single municipal government !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 AM
 
643 posts, read 1,039,945 times
Reputation: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northfielder View Post
^^^this is too funny for words ! I thought everyone knew that !!

Cities also don't typically 'annex' into neighboring COUNTIES either !!

'Metro governments' also seem to develop from a county-wide structure
as opposed to a single municipal government !!
Well that may be true that cities don't annex into other states but i know cities DO annex into other counties because Macon as annex parts of Jones and W. Robins and Perry has done the same in Peach county. As well as Atlanta which has annex parts of Dekalb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 12:11 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
7,732 posts, read 12,126,752 times
Reputation: 2774
Atlanta in DeKalb happened many, many years ago - and it would never fly today.

What you are talking about happens, but it is extremely rare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
 
66 posts, read 182,395 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmusket View Post
If Fort Benning gets as many BRAC jobs as expected over the next 5 years.. it will likely overtake Augusta as the state's second largest city. The two cities are separated by only about 8,000 ppl or less.. Growth for both cities has been stagnant... The Iraq war caused Columbus' population to decline.. but as those troops are pulled out and return as promised by Obama by 2010, then Columbus should see a population spike and coupled with BRAC, may be able to top 200K. Though I think the lable of 2nd largest city really doesn't mean a whole lot.. I mean we are often talking about differences of less than 10K ppl.. I guess it gives one city bragging rights over the other, but beyond that, it really doesn't mean that much.
If your saying that Brac will also affect Fort Gordon if thats the one in Augusta and Robins AFB. War doesn't causes city pop to decline they are still residence of the city even if there here or deployed as long as there address stays the same unless there primary address changes thats the only reason i see deployments affecting pop. deployent meaning they leave and come back not they leave and be gone forever
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 07:03 PM
 
66 posts, read 182,395 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
Well that may be true that cities don't annex into other states but i know cities DO annex into other counties because Macon as annex parts of Jones and W. Robins and Perry has done the same in Peach county. As well as Atlanta which has annex parts of Dekalb.
Thank you Macon and Warner Robins can annex into Peach, Bibb,jones, monroe and Houston counties. What do you mean city's don't annex into counties Warner Robins official city limit starts is in Peach County along the 247 connector not Houston County
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
 
66 posts, read 182,395 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
How old are you?

Cities cannot "annex" into neighboring states.
Explain Kansas City for me then does it lies in Kansas or Mossuri looks like both to me if you look at a map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 PM
 
201 posts, read 484,313 times
Reputation: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyarmonG View Post
If your saying that Brac will also affect Fort Gordon if thats the one in Augusta and Robins AFB. War doesn't causes city pop to decline they are still residence of the city even if there here or deployed as long as there address stays the same unless there primary address changes thats the only reason i see deployments affecting pop. deployent meaning they leave and come back not they leave and be gone forever
Another credible post....I agree...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-10-2009, 07:18 PM
 
66 posts, read 182,395 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Atlanta in DeKalb happened many, many years ago - and it would never fly today.

What you are talking about happens, but it is extremely rare.
this is a hotspot area the area is growing into each other. Warner Robins have annexed into peach county so has perry. Fort Valley has also started growing into Macon County towards marshallville. Marshallville students now attend high school in Fort Valley not Macon County high in Montezuma because its a lot closer. Byron is growing into Houston County. Cities in this area does annex into other counties. I don't know about the rest of the state other than Atlanta when it comes to this issue.

Last edited by RandyarmonG; 03-10-2009 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:17 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top