Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 03:46 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,237,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
I'll tell you how I came to my conclusion if you explain to me why they chose Sunday to prohibit the sale of alcohol.
If you don't already know the answer to that, then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you.

But I want to know why you think the government is trying to send you to church on Sunday.

Have you received a letter from the state, or had some official tell you they don't allow Sunday sales because they want you in church? Or did you come to this conclusion all on your lonesome?

I've yet to have my government tell me they want me in church; was I just not at home when they called?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 05:23 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post

But I want to know why you think the government is trying to send you to church on Sunday.

Have you received a letter from the state, or had some official tell you they don't allow Sunday sales because they want you in church? Or did you come to this conclusion all on your lonesome?

I've yet to have my government tell me they want me in church; was I just not at home when they called?
Let's try this another way.... SouthGeorgia, can you explain why the law currently exists that prohibits in store sales of alcohol on Sunday?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:29 PM

281 posts, read 617,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
If you don't already know the answer to that, then I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help you.

Studies have shown that if blue laws are repealed then chuch attendance and collections decline. That is why they don't want to repeal them. I guess they feel like if people can't drink they are more likely to attend church.
I guess you would just prefer they make church attendance mandatory like the taliban. If you don't think the laws exist to encourage church attendance, then pray tell why do you think they exist?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:35 PM

970 posts, read 2,949,839 times
Quote:
Studies have shown that if blue laws are repealed then chuch attendance and collections decline. That is why they don't want to repeal them. I guess they feel like if people can't drink they are more likely to attend church.
I guess you would just prefer they make church attendance mandatory like the taliban. If you don't think the laws exist to encourage church attendance, then pray tell why do you think they exist?
Are you an alcoholic? Seriously? I mean, I cannot understand why someone would do so much research (faux or otherwise) towards this issue.

I think you're an atheist alcoholic. That's the natural conclusion one can draw from your posts. Amirite?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaflsc View Post
Are you an alcoholic? Seriously? I mean, I cannot understand why someone would do so much research (faux or otherwise) towards this issue.

I think you're an atheist alcoholic. That's the natural conclusion one can draw from your posts. Amirite?
So much research? I googled "blue laws" and it took all of 5 seconds. I actually don't drink much at all. I just don't like people trying to limit my freedoms to suit their religion. What if the muslim population explodes in Georgia such that they are able to dominate the state government. If they imposed a law that said you can't eat pork on Friday would you just say "oh well, I can just eat it the other six days of the week"? Why can't you just choose not to drink if you wish and leave me alone?

Old 02-22-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
So much research? I googled "blue laws" and it took all of 5 seconds. I actually don't drink much at all. I just don't like people trying to limit my freedoms to suit their religion. What if the muslim population explodes in Georgia such that they are able to dominate the state government. If they imposed a law that said you can't eat pork on Friday would you just say "oh well, I can just eat it the other six days of the week"? Why can't you just choose not to drink if you wish and leave me alone?
If you don't like it..if having the ability to buy booze on Sunday means THAT darn much to you...then vote for candidates who support your position. That's all you can do. Venting on teh interwebz accomplishes nada.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:01 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,237,980 times
Quote:
now you're just making uneducated assumptions, because i've yet to make any statement about this other than "buy on saturday"; other than that, i've only asked how you came to your conclusions.

my only advice to you is to move somewhere else.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:14 PM

I'm starting to understand why Georgia's SAT scores are the lowest in the nation.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
I'm starting to understand why Georgia's SAT scores are the lowest in the nation.
Because of no alcohol sales on Sunday?

I'm starting to understand that you're a troll.

http://www.haypocalc.com/perso/image/dont_feed_the_troll.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-22-2009, 06:44 PM

Sorry,but any American who can't see that it is wrong for the majority to use the power of government to force their religous beliefs on the minority is a moron and should be exiled to western Pakistan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia