U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 05:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,389 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. my husband (30) and i (26) want to relocate from NY to GA. We have 4 small children( 7,5,2,8mths) and we are looking for a nice place to raise our children (but not too far from city life).

Maybe i am looking for too much but a nice location, good school and affordable house sounds good to me.

Any suggestions regarding:
locations????
realtors?????

All info is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 12:22 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,729,270 times
Well, a few questions come to mind- most notably, what will you be doing for a job, and how much are you looking to spend? Your questions are far too open-ended to answer with the limited info you've given.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 AM

63 posts, read 192,145 times
Would love to make some suggestions - any idea on the area you will be working, price range, etc?

Old 03-12-2009, 01:18 PM

26 posts, read 63,873 times
Default Moving to Georgia

We have the house for you! We have 4 bdrms., 2.5 baths and all rooms are extra large! We have to sell within the next two months because we are relocating to Michigan. My husband got laid off from his job and we are going to take a loss on the house but need to sell it asap. We need to move in June. It is priced 30k below what we would normally ask for it. It is in the country and very peaceful. We are 10 minutes from a major highway GA400. You can get to Atlanta in around 45 minutes. There are plenty of stores, a movie theatre and lots of restaurants near. We hate to move away but we have no choice. My husband got a job in Michigan and we are lucky he got a job so soon after being laid off but it sucks to have to move so far away from family and friends. Please buy our house so our daughter can go to college! If we don't sell our house she will not get to go to college because we can't afford to rent a home in Mi and pay her rent in Athens, Ga. and then pay this mortgage! And, pay her tuition. Since you are moving anyway take a look at it, it can't hurt and it would certainly mean alot to us. We are pretty desperate right now.

Old 03-12-2009, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 4,918 times
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...Your-Kids-2009

Warner Robins (in Middle Georgia...south of Macon)
Houston (Hows-ton) County Schools...top notch
Great homes...affordable too!

Old 03-13-2009, 11:08 AM

539 posts, read 1,883,141 times
Newnan

Old 03-14-2009, 05:22 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,005,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia woman View Post
We have the house for you! We have 4 bdrms., 2.5 baths and all rooms are extra large! We have to sell within the next two months because we are relocating to Michigan. My husband got laid off from his job and we are going to take a loss on the house but need to sell it asap. We need to move in June. It is priced 30k below what we would normally ask for it. It is in the country and very peaceful. We are 10 minutes from a major highway GA400. You can get to Atlanta in around 45 minutes. There are plenty of stores, a movie theatre and lots of restaurants near. We hate to move away but we have no choice. My husband got a job in Michigan and we are lucky he got a job so soon after being laid off but it sucks to have to move so far away from family and friends. Please buy our house so our daughter can go to college! If we don't sell our house she will not get to go to college because we can't afford to rent a home in Mi and pay her rent in Athens, Ga. and then pay this mortgage! And, pay her tuition. Since you are moving anyway take a look at it, it can't hurt and it would certainly mean alot to us. We are pretty desperate right now.

Strange request! You have no idea what they can afford, where they will be working or if your area has jobs for them. I feel for you, but there has to be more effective ways to get your house sold. Good luck.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:25 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,075,339 times
Georgia Woman: HOPE Scholarship? Also, you had better check on your daughter establishing, maintaining GA residency for in state tuition. You might find in MI that getting instate tuition problematic. State schools have some goofy rules regarding residency. They are not always the same for each item you are trying to accomplish e.g. voting, driver's license etc.

Good luck on getting rid of your house.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:52 PM

159 posts, read 408,527 times
I recommend the Mableton/Smyrna area, very convenient to everything and close to town. About a 30 minute drive and you can take the back roads. I live in Mableton and love it. Lots of affordable homes, and lots of new subdivisions. Look on the map and see where it is in relation to Atlanta. It's Atlanta's best kept secret, with a country feel. I feel very safe here.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:15 PM

2 posts, read 3,016 times
how much do you want???
how is the neighborhood ? I heard there were many gangs there. and spanish
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia