U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:41 PM

247 posts, read 1,169,438 times

Advertisements

One of my kids has 16 in his class and the other has 19 in his class. Their class sizes are very small. That may change next year because of budget cuts, but that will be across the board in Cherokee County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2009, 12:53 PM

13 posts, read 61,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
It's still a pretty rural area up along Univeter, and I believe a good part of that area goes to Holly Springs Elementary. If you're looking more for a development, rather than something with acreage, Harmony on the Lakes is still building, and there are some really great deals in there.
Hi Bob,

I am familiar w/ Harmony on the Lakes, we drove through it a few times before we moved back to NY. Beautiful, unique homes with an old-fashioned neighborhood feel. It seemed everyone we talked to at the time was moving there or having a house built in Harmony. I really liked the non-cookie cutter homes and the amenities, but we do prefer larger lots at least 3/4 of an acre, preferably more and we love private back yards. I know you can still find more acreage in Canton.

Out of curiosity, what's happening with the housing market around the area? Are a lot of people selling and can you get good deals right now? I'm assuming so because GA was big on the interest-only loans/ARM's but I don't think it's to the extent of Florida and other states. Is there still a lot of new construction or has that slowed down a bit?

Old 03-04-2009, 12:56 PM

13 posts, read 61,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf73 View Post
One of my kids has 16 in his class and the other has 19 in his class. Their class sizes are very small. That may change next year because of budget cuts, but that will be across the board in Cherokee County.
That's very appealing. But like you said, that all could change!

Old 03-04-2009, 01:39 PM

9,124 posts, read 32,743,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apples2peaches View Post

Out of curiosity, what's happening with the housing market around the area? Are a lot of people selling and can you get good deals right now? I'm assuming so because GA was big on the interest-only loans/ARM's but I don't think it's to the extent of Florida and other states. Is there still a lot of new construction or has that slowed down a bit?
Things are definitely slower than the builders want them to be, and several subdivisions are really dead. Pulte is still popping out at least a house a week in here, it seems, but they were doing 3-4 times that a year ago. I think you can definitely get some good deals.

Regarding class sizes, I think the max allowed is currently 19, but it may go up with new state regs relaxing that requirement. Currently, our kids have less than 20 students in each class.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,628 times
Default Teasley Middle

Looking to move before the new school year to Copper Hills in Canton, but am a little worried about all the posts I read about Teasley Middle, does anyone have info on the subdivision and the more on the school? We'll be renting and hopefully find a home with owner financing in the near future, we like Fieldstone as well but nothing for rent there.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,129 times
Default I disagree

I have had a completely different view of Avery. My children started there last year when the school opened. Both my kindergartener and 2nd grader had wonderful teachers and wonderful years. The administrative team worked very hard to get the school up and running and the technology the children have available is incredible. We came from Hickory Flat before that and both schools are dynamite. Anyone looking to move into the area would be happy with the teachers at either school. Now my children are in 1st and 3rd grade and having another wonderful year. One of the administrators has changed, but they are still great. ALL 3 admin will talk on the phone or meet with you within a day or two of when you ask. I think you had one isolated weird and atypical experience. Avery is GREAT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJtmg2099 View Post
As a parent of 2 children at the new Avery Elementary school (open now for it's 2nd year) until Dr. Toop is gone from that school there is nothing positive that I can say about that school. She runs the school as an "institution" as in prison - mental ward or whatever other word you care to use. She does not care one bit about students or parents. You CAN NEVER REACH her on the phone to discuss issues or concerns. If you read another area here you can find specific parent comments about Avery and the problems that 90% of the parents had with a certain 1st grade teacher last year who is still teaching!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
My husband and I are looking to move to Cherokee county. I believe BallGround is located there can anyone tell me which elementary school my son would be attending if we live in BallGround?

Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM

9,110 posts, read 17,071,904 times
Pages - School Boundaries
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or