Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM

295 posts, read 320,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr_Brush View Post
Since I am white, from Alabama, and lived in Georgia for 27 years, I am allowed to call white racists ****** if I like.

Your racism could not be more obvious since you assumed I was Black from my opinion.

Your level of ignorance is astounding. HBCU exist solely because of segregation. They are not segregated, and only once were because they were forced to be by the white majority.
Wow, talk about racist! If I did believe in segregation, shouldn't that be my right as an American?

Secondly, I do not care if you live in Alabama or Georgia, or Maine for that matter, what I am saying we have history months for all races and genders and to have a History month to honor soldiers of the CSA should be an honor for all Americans to rejoice over!!!

So, you can call white racists *******, now what do you call black racists? C'mon don't hide and be shy, what do you call them?

You are that scared white American afraid to express your true racial feelings like the majority of Americans! As for me being racist, so now you can assume I am racist but you don't know me or what I stand for!

I guess you ASSume all the people of Mississippi are racist too, face it they VOTED to keep their 1894 state flag intact!!!

I did not assume you were black, I made a reference to the segregation that blacks hide behind, HISTORICALLY!!!

I might think you are a well educated person who just disagrees with my rights, the same rights that you have!

Last edited by MB2; 04-02-2009 at 06:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 07:37 PM

295 posts, read 320,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgyeldell View Post
tthe only reason I feel that there should not be a confederate history month is becuase the history month celebrates americans. When the south seceeded from the nation the white people of the south were not american anymore and should not be celebrated for anything that they did. And I also believe that the confederates were just as bad if not worse than the nazis, we can not truly estimate the amount of slaves indian and black that were killed by these horrid people.
Do you know that the Nazi Party and Adolph Hitler himself banned the Confederate flag in Nazi Germany, during his rule?

If the Confederates were worse than the Nazis, then why on earth would Benjamin Judah, a Jew, be the highest ranking one within the Confederate government?

He also was a classmate of General Robert E. Lee, can you imagine that?

Please, before thy judge the history of the Confederacy, consult me!!!

Tell me something, and be honest, would you think having a History month for Gays and Lesbians would be better than honoring that of the Confederacy?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:16 PM

95 posts, read 283,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars&bars View Post
If I did believe in segregation, shouldn't that be my right as an American?
Of course! You have the right to believe in whatever ignorant rubbish you like.

Just like I have the right to call you a ********!

And BTW, since you are too dense to read and comprehend, you don't have to keep trying to talk me into celebrating Confederate history. I've been supporting it repeatedly.

What I don't support is shoving the Battle Flag down everyone's throats. There are plenty of Confederate symbols and memorials to choose from.

Last edited by MB2; 04-02-2009 at 06:22 AM..

Old 04-02-2009, 06:32 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times
OK....after "cleaning up", I have to jump in (again).

First, did I have to educate myself about the above mentioned "WORD", what it means, how it is used, where it comes from...etc.
I hear this particular word down here in FL very, very often from "true" Floridians, which Families have been here for generations.

No pun, no ill spirit, nothing more intent ed by those folks, when they call themselves that.

However, when it was mentioned in previous posts, it became a somewhat hateful "slur word", and I don't agree with it. Period !

It's not only HOW the word is being used, but also WHEN, with what meaning and where. (Like so many other words in conjunction with what is discussed)

I have to remind everyone to mind their manners on here, and the "tone" this discussion will take.
If it won't work for members to follow simple instructions called TERMS OF SERVICE, I will just go ahead and close this thread down !

Word calling will not be tolerated, no matter how "harmless" it might seem to some. (Because that's how things spiral out of control, and open the door for heated arguments, offended members etc.)

So....be nice, mind the ToS (Terms of Service), because there is absolutely no need to go the other way.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:56 PM

95 posts, read 283,466 times
If I offended any normal Southerners with that term, I apologize.

On the other hand, if I offended any Proponents of forcing the Battle Flag onto public monuments or state flags, I do NOT apologize. If that word offended you, maybe it gives you a small taste of how the Battle Flag makes others feel.

A comment was made earlier about Mississippi's referendum to officially adopt the state flag with the Battle Flag in it. If you live outside Mississippi and think this doesn't affect you - think again, it affects the image and reputation of our whole nation:

Applesauce » Why is there a Confederate flag behind Bush and the pope in this photo?

Old 04-03-2009, 09:16 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,957,115 times
Quote:
If I offended any normal Southerners with that term, I apologize.

On the other hand, if I offended any Proponents of forcing the Battle Flag onto public monuments or state flags, I do NOT apologize. If that word offended you, maybe it gives you a small taste of how the Battle Flag makes others feel.

A comment was made earlier about Mississippi's referendum to officially adopt the state flag with the Battle Flag in it. If you live outside Mississippi and think this doesn't affect you - think again, it affects the image and reputation of our whole nation:

Applesauce » Why is there a Confederate flag behind Bush and the pope in this photo?
That's a funny picture.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:00 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Since I am white, from Alabama, and lived in Georgia for 27 years, I am allowed to call white racists Crackers if I like.

Your racism could not be more obvious since you assumed I was Black from my opinion.

Your level of ignorance is astounding. HBCU exist solely because of segregation. They are not segregated, and only once were because they were forced to be by the white majority.
Speaking of HBCUs, Morehouse had its first ever white valedictorian in 2008...White valedictorian makes Morehouse history | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2008/05/18/white_morehouse_graduate_0519.html - broken link)

Old 04-06-2009, 02:51 PM

970 posts, read 2,949,839 times
Quote:
If you live outside Mississippi and think this doesn't affect you - think again, it affects the image and reputation of our whole nation:

I disagree. The Confederate Flag really is solely an internal issue within our nation. No other countries seem to have an opinion one way or the other.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM

925 posts, read 2,606,218 times
We should honor our confederate veterans.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:58 PM

925 posts, read 2,606,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy0027 View Post
lol, I'm sure he can live with it. It's one thing to honor soldiers, but are we honoring them or are we honoring the cause they fought for. If it's the latter, then I have a problem with it
What specifically about the cause do you disagree with?

Please, do not rehash some historical revisionist argument that the war was fought over slavery, as that has been proven time and time again to be a lie, something Lincoln made up after the war had already begun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia