U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 07:39 PM

309 posts, read 594,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
The plot thickens. I got a letter today from the GDOL. Here is what it says "The week ending date 4/11/2009 has been processed and your benefits have been forwarded to your account. Your weekly benefit amount may have been reduced by income tax withholdings, earnings, child support, retirement, or a prior overpayment. Your benefits have been exhausted. This is your final payment."
That is all the letter said!!!!!!!

****yuppers**** same letter I got today

Old 04-20-2009, 08:06 PM

72 posts, read 164,323 times
I found this blog on the my fox atlanta website...check this out and I see we have even one of our own commenting on it..
DELAYING EMPLOYMENT LAW

THERE ARE SEVERAL STATES THAT HAVE NOT HAD ANY DELAYS IN SIGNING HOUSE BILLS FOR THE UNEMPLOYED. GEORGIA OFFICIALS ARE PROLONGING THE PROCESS. THERE ARE NO REAL ANSWERS AS TO WHY? TO SHOW THAT WHAT I AM POSTING IS CORRECT BELOW IS JUST AN EXAMPLE OF ONLY ONE STATE THAT HAS NOT HAD ANY DELAYS IN HELPING THERE UNEMPLOYED WORKERS AND THEIR FAMILIES. THE EB PROGRAM IS CRITICAL FOR THE LONG TERM UNEMPLOYED AND HB 581 IS STILL SITTING ON THE GOVERNORS DESK. IF YOU GO TO CITY-DATA UNDER EXTENDED BENEFITS THREADS YOU WILL SEE JUST A LITTLE BIT OF THE DESPERATION THAT THE UNEMPLOYED ARE FACING NOT INCLUDING SEVERAL OTHER FORUMS AND BLOGS. THESE PEOPLE NEED ACTION NOW NOT LATER!!!! IS THE STATE OF GEORGIA PROLONGING THIS PROCESS TO KEEP THOUSANDS OF GEORGIANS FROM COLLECTING UNEMPLOYMENT SO THAT THEY CAN USE THE STIMULUS MONEY FOR ANOTHER TIMELY POT OR ARE THEY STICKING IT IN A BANK AND DRAWING INTEREST... WE WILL FIND OUT AS TO WHY??? SOME WAY SOME HOW.
I

llinois Unemployment Extension Programs

State Extended Benefits (EB)

The State Extended Benefits program provides up to 13 additional weeks of benefits during times of high unemployment. EB is payable after the exhaustion of all entitlement to Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC 08).
How do I file for Extended Benefits? Upon exhaustion of your EUC benefits, your EB claim will be established automatically. You do not need to contact your local office.
For general information regarding EB, please call the Hotline at 1-866-243-0238

Need more information on EB? Here are Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Note: Work search requirements for EB are more stringent than for regular and EUC08 benefits and must be documented on an EB Work Search Form. Failure to meet the work search requirements will result in an indefinite termination of benefits. Please link to the EB Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) above for more information regarding the work search requirements, the EB Work Search Form, and other information regarding State Extended Benefits program.
A new EB Work Search form will be mailed to you each time you certify for benefits under the EB program indicating the next two weekending dates you will be claiming. This form is not required for regular or EUC benefits.
If you lost your EB

Uploaded By: yeehaw200
6 hours ago

Tags:

• GOOD JOB MAKING GEORGIAN'S AWARE! ILLINOIS,CALIFORNIA, AND NEW JERSEY ARE PAYING EB BENEFITS NOW OR IN VERY NEAR FUTURE!!!! UNITE GA. AND FIGHT!

CRUNCHBIRD56, 5 hours ago | Flag </SPAN>

Inappropriate Flag

Flagging notifies the FOX 5 Blogs webmaster of inappropriate content. Please flag any messages that violate the Terms of Service. Please include a short explanation why you're flagging this message. Thank you!
If you believe this content violates the Terms of Service, please write a short description why. Thank you.

Inappropriate Comment Flag

Flagging notifies the FOX 5 Blogs webmaster of inappropriate content. Please flag any messages that violate the Terms of Service. Please include a short explanation why you're flagging this message. Thank you!

Email Friends

Your First Name (optional)

Email Addresses (comma separated)

Import friends
Message to Friends (optional)

Or, you can forward this blog with your own email application.

Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 PM

62 posts, read 123,946 times
I went into the GADOL office with the letter they sent me in the mail that I may be eligble for emergency extended benefits. They told me that that letter was sent to everyone when there benefit year ended, so that you could come in to check if you were still eligable.

She informed me that we are waiting for the Governor to sign the bill and that as soon as he signs they would be sending me a letter on how to apply for tier 3.

I really belive we need to take action!!! This is BS that the Governor can not sign the bill and that there is nothing in the news at all about our suffering. The money has been givin to the state from the federal government and the Governor is making us suffer! Lets put together a protest outside the main GADOL in Atlanta. We need to at least get this outrage into the news somehow!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:05 AM

75 posts, read 193,321 times
As it has been suggested before, we should organize a MARCH ON THE CAPITOL. Governor Perdue is sitting up there on his high horse, and he could give a hoot about the citizens of Georgia. YES I say lets send him a message. Someone suggested to meet at the World of Coke, downtown Atlanta. We need to obtain a march pemit, so we can show this Governor we mean bussiness. We need to agree upon a day that everyone possible can attend. Surely this will be a peaceful and organize march, so lets leave the egos at home. We don't want anything to go wrong, because you can bet if it does it would surely make the news. Unless we make a stand NOW this I think will be prolonged for as long as possible.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:09 AM

If these other states can get the money flowing, then so can ours. None of this makes any sense.

Old 04-21-2009, 05:32 AM

46 posts, read 109,926 times
Yes, Let's organize and march... get the word out! I suggested the area off MLK BLVD. where the OLD World of Coke was next to Underground ATL., for a staging area. I'm not sure how much a permit would be. I guess city hall would have the info. The big task is to reach ALL the people like ourselves that have exhausted their benefits. Otherwise, be prepared to wait over another month for EB.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:18 AM

151 posts, read 291,296 times
This link is for GA legislation site that shows activity of House Bill 581. According to this site, the bill was sent to Gov Perdue on 4/14 (even though it has been approved by House and Senate since 4/3). Other threads I have read indicate that he has already stated that he will sign the bill so hopefully, it's just a matter of time since the date the EB is to go into effect is the 25th of this month.
Georgia General Assembly - HB 581

Old 04-21-2009, 06:41 AM

309 posts, read 594,869 times
okay ,i called gov n dol=no one knows anything.in the meantime i've been calling agencies to try to get help with bills since euc has been exhausted-no luck there either.i'm gonna try the media one last time,then go cry cause my head hurts from banging it into a brick wall

Old 04-21-2009, 07:23 AM

Talking The march on the capitol

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchbird56 View Post
Yes, Let's organize and march... get the word out! I suggested the area off MLK BLVD. where the OLD World of Coke was next to Underground ATL., for a staging area. I'm not sure how much a permit would be. I guess city hall would have the info. The big task is to reach ALL the people like ourselves that have exhausted their benefits. Otherwise, be prepared to wait over another month for EB.
Okay now since we've agreed to march, lets decide a date to do so. If someone could get info about the cost of a permit, that would be a start. I would do it myself but I will out of the city for most of the day, (south ga.) But I say the sooner we get this thing started the sooner we can get these benefits rolling. I will check back in tonight when I return to see if anyone else has any more input to our organizing. EVERYONE SHOULD PARTICIPATE!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:26 AM

Do you really want to sat around until May 25 to get the benefits that three other states is already getting? I say people LETS GET ON THE BAND WAGON!!!! As of 4/21/09 at 9:30am HB581 still has not been signed by our dear Gov. Perdue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or