U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 04:16 PM

160 posts, read 491,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
As far as I know nobody has received letters about extended benefits yet....have you? If so, what did it say?
I'm talking about the tier1 tier2 extended benefits letter. bobsay225, said his regular UI just ran out.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:30 PM

462 posts, read 902,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ne georgia View Post
I'm talking about the tier1 tier2 extended benefits letter. bobsay225, said his regular UI just ran out.
sorry, I get it....I should have understood that you meant EUC not EB. My bad

Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 PM

46 posts, read 109,947 times
Default Some folks got it better than others I guess

Illinois
I spoke to the unemployment office yesterday. Lady there was as helpful as she could be. She read to me the e-mails that IDES has received so far regarding the EB benefits. The latest one stated that they will take effect with certifying beginning the April 26th. She said that I should be watching the mail as letters are going out to those who are exhausting their EUC benefits with information and form for job search. Said the job search rules are more stringent than when on EUC. She said the instructions will be included on compliance requirements for job search. Hope this helps!

Last edited by crunchbird56; 04-24-2009 at 08:30 PM.. Reason: forwarding a post from a national thread

Old 04-25-2009, 04:29 AM

Wink But better than than, Fl., Va., Ms, Az., SC.,....

<DIV id=content_box><DIV class=hfeed id=content><DIV class="post hentry category-personal-finance post_box top" id=post-3314>Unemployment Benefits Extended In 2009 Economic Stimulus Package

by Four Pillars on February 24, 2009

<DIV class="format_text entry-content">

Old 04-25-2009, 06:13 AM

72 posts, read 164,345 times
[quote=crunchbird56;8507352]<DIV id=content_box><DIV class=hfeed id=content><DIV class="post hentry category-personal-finance post_box top" id=post-3314>Unemployment Benefits Extended In 2009 Economic Stimulus Package

by Four Pillars on February 24, 2009

<DIV class="format_text entry-content">[/quot

COULD you explain...what this means

Thanks

Old 04-25-2009, 12:32 PM

Cool A national site to check out!

946 [SIZE=3]virginiaBlues[/SIZE] 04.24.09 at 9:35 am wading thru all the fog & no map here either! thought I was lost, til I found all of you here. sorry state of disinformation, & lack of seems to be nationwide, I feel for you’all, and several of you are outstanding in your search for truth and light, even for us in other states. I do believe Virginia turned down monies from feds, and wondering if any other virginians out there? I rec’d last check of 26 initial weeks, & applied by mail yesterday for 13 week extension, then is that it?

947 [SIZE=3]john FLORIDA[/SIZE] 04.24.09 at 10:43 am What is happening in Florida? all our benefits ended last week and it does not look like they are going to help us out. i do not understand with the unemployment in this state at 9.7%, how can you not give another extension to help us out. it looks like they are trying to avoid the situation,see if we just go away. the problem is not going away,i can not find work anywhere,what are we going to do now? bill s516 was going to be looked at on April 21st and they did not do anyhting with it,they posponed it.

Last edited by crunchbird56; 04-25-2009 at 12:34 PM.. Reason: Hopefor, Four Pillars is a financial website to voice on!

Old 04-25-2009, 03:00 PM

151 posts, read 291,347 times
Georgia Department of Labor Press Room
Has anyone noticed all the press releases stating the various GA counties in which unemployment rates supposedly dropped? Do you think they ever stop to think that the drop in unemployment is more likely because of the number of people whose benefits have ended and not that there are that many people actually finding jobs? See link above. Just as long as they have something positive to report - no matter what the real truth is!

Old 04-25-2009, 04:17 PM

I have some great links for you. The Ben Massell Dental Clinic offers FREE dentistry. The only hitch is that you have to have no insurance and income qualify (or lack of it). The clinic is state of the art...having just opened in October. Here is the website
Ben Massell Dental Clinic - the most advanced dental treatment facility in Georgia I think you will be impressed. Also for those who don't have health insurance, Kaiser has something called Bridge insurance. It was brought to my attention by one of our forum members. It is for low income families in GA. Not a free clinic, but actual insurance that costs as little as 40 bucks a month for a family of 2. If you call Kaiser, ask to speak to a bridge insurance agent. I have decided to go back to school, again thanks to a forum member. I applied and should quality for both a pell grant and the hope grant. These will cover tuition as well as some living expenses. The best part is that I keep my unemployment, and no work searches. Now I have to decide what to do when I grow up!! (I am only 60...good grief)

Old 04-25-2009, 05:55 PM

151 posts, read 291,347 times
Default You go girl!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
I have some great links for you. The Ben Massell Dental Clinic offers FREE dentistry. The only hitch is that you have to have no insurance and income qualify (or lack of it). The clinic is state of the art...having just opened in October. Here is the website
Ben Massell Dental Clinic - the most advanced dental treatment facility in Georgia I think you will be impressed. Also for those who don't have health insurance, Kaiser has something called Bridge insurance. It was brought to my attention by one of our forum members. It is for low income families in GA. Not a free clinic, but actual insurance that costs as little as 40 bucks a month for a family of 2. If you call Kaiser, ask to speak to a bridge insurance agent. I have decided to go back to school, again thanks to a forum member. I applied and should quality for both a pell grant and the hope grant. These will cover tuition as well as some living expenses. The best part is that I keep my unemployment, and no work searches. Now I have to decide what to do when I grow up!! (I am only 60...good grief)
We're never too old to start a new venture in life! Best of luck to you SMS!

I am pretty sure that the Kaiser Bridge Program requires you to be in college and have no other available insurance program. I'm not sure that all colleges participate in the program, so be sure to ask that question when you register for school.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarev View Post
We're never too old to start a new venture in life! Best of luck to you SMS!

I am pretty sure that the Kaiser Bridge Program requires you to be in college and have no other available insurance program. I'm not sure that all colleges participate in the program, so be sure to ask that question when you register for school.
Thank you!! Actually when researching the Bridge program I found out that they also have one for the uninsured, income eligible. Kaiser subsidizes 95% of the premium. Here is a link with a brief overview:
Welcome to Kaiser Permanente Community Benefit. Also, the bridge program for students is very restrictive as to eligible school participation and course of study.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or