U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2009, 06:19 PM

151 posts, read 291,361 times

Advertisements

Good to know info! I just found out about it through the school so I didn't realize that!

Old 04-26-2009, 10:51 AM

38 posts, read 73,301 times
Hi group! I just wanted to post this link, I am sure if you all have been digging around on the internet as much as I have, you may have already seen this, but I'll post anyhow...just shows how WI is handling their EB Benefit Extensions

I sure hope they make some progress this week....

Old 04-26-2009, 12:49 PM

462 posts, read 902,248 times
I find that reading about what other states are doing either gets me annoyed or confuses me even more.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:54 PM

72 posts, read 164,348 times
I think its great that I can actually go to other states and pull up their information so that I know what kind of benefits are being offered to those unemployed workers. It gives an idea to what I am sure will accure for georgia here shortly...because I have already read 4 different states and all of them are on the same criteria. Which I am sure there are guidelines that all states have to maintain for the EB FUNDS.. great web

Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 PM

I just checked the trigger on notice for April 26...today. Georgia is not showing that it has the laws enacted to trigger on....what is up with that?????

Old 04-26-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
I just checked the trigger on notice for April 26...today. Georgia is not showing that it has the laws enacted to trigger on....what is up with that?????
I have been checking that website pretty much every week and they are usually a few days behind in updating the figures - this week will probably be updated by Tuesday. I am hoping to see the trigger "on" indicator for GA this week as well!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarev View Post
I have been checking that website pretty much every week and they are usually a few days behind in updating the figures - this week will probably be updated by Tuesday. I am hoping to see the trigger "on" indicator for GA this week as well!
What is confusing is that the trigger notice is for today. I agree they usually don't post it for the week until Tuesday or Wednesday, but this week the new numbers are already posted today. Go look and you will see what I mean

Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:
What is confusing is that the trigger notice is for today. I agree they usually don't post it for the week until Tuesday or Wednesday, but this week the new numbers are already posted today. Go look and you will see what I mean
Oh, sorry! I see what you mean. I had stopped even trying to check it til Tuesday mornings so I, as you, am a little confused about that. Of course, considering it is our gov't at work, the fact that they are behind at reporting accurate information isn't too surprising. I still get irritated every time I check the GA DOL site on the ARRA and it still says at the bottom that this Act did not provide any extensions for unemployment when that is not correct. Maybe the other site will get updated soon! I am anxious to see how many weeks they post that we are eligble for!!

Old 04-27-2009, 02:06 PM

75 posts, read 193,351 times
From my understanding I believe Georgia will be retro back to March 19, don't quote me on that . According to the NELP trigger report it states from 4/19/09. So we just hope that once the DOL system is set up, they will do the right thing and pay us from that time. Also it says that Ga. qualifies for 20 weeks, and that is what GDOL should list. If not then we have another fight on our hands.

Old 04-27-2009, 02:56 PM

95 posts, read 198,059 times
I would hope Georgia will retro back like California did. if you look at the trigger report it puts California back to 02/22/2009. they passed their bill just shortly before georgia's was passed. maybe it will retro back that far and no one will loose any benefits.

just wishful thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or