U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 01:08 PM

309 posts, read 594,816 times

Advertisements

Ms curtis from policy and procedures just called me back.
letters on 5/8 if eligible. apply online 5/22.

this is for the birds. I asked specifically is it true on the no retro and specifically if we had to wait 4-6 weeks.

the answer
no decision made yet on when payments are going to start.
no decision on if anything is going to be retroactive.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:13 PM

i have left over half a dozen emails since march to tough questions at cbs news and several to their investigative reporters.left several voicemails to the political reporter to wsb. spoke on the phone and emailed fox and nothing from anything of them and i have emailed rep coan last week. nothing back there either.This weeks scenario is even worse.
i even pointed out to the dol lady that states that had laws go into effect after us are getting their funds already. I was met with silence.
the dol are trying to stay with that july 1 date....that they wanted to begin with.
i dont even know if my 4 kids can finish off the school year and there is no money to put our stuff in storage let alone by tpaper.this will be 4 weeks without a check.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:35 PM

38 posts, read 73,265 times
see, i know...it's unbelievable! CRAZY! you hit the nail on the head- DOL wanted to drag this out til July 1, and by doing this they will get their july 1 date as you said. I just can't believe the news stations are ignoring this. In this economy, if this isn't a crisis, I don't know what is.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:15 PM

you can hear the i dont give a _____ attitude in the dol people's voices when you start speaking on how desperate things are getting.

to think that this affects 48k people in this state and media doesnt cover it is ridiculous too.

I know i wont be voting for perdue or thurmond again. i think
he(pedue) wasnt gonna sign it originally but gave into pressure cause of the people telling him they weren't going to vote for him again.

i pointed out to the lady that bartow is an 11.4 % unemployment rate ,shes like yeah i know. shoot all of NW Ga is in double digits

I asked what are we supposed to do while they keep telling us to wait ,met with silence on that too.

its all about having us drop off the rolls so their stats can go down to make the unemplyment rate seems lower than it is and them getting their way on july 1.

there is no way any one can tell me thurmond cares about us while he pats himself on the back in DC,looking good about how he takes care of his people .

Bull is all i can think of to say thats polite at this point.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:28 PM

46 posts, read 109,915 times
Default Question?

What states passed the EB legislation after Ga. and are already disbursing funds? Ginamae38, I think you made reference to that on your last post. Also, how long did it take Il.,Ca., NJ., etc. to implement their EB programs? We need this info to complain to the politicians and DOL!

Old 05-04-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchbird56 View Post
What states passed the EB legislation after Ga. and are already disbursing funds? Ginamae38, I think you made reference to that on your last post. Also, how long did it take Il.,Ca., NJ., etc. to implement their EB programs? We need this info to complain to the politicians and DOL!
I am almost positive PA started their EB with know lag time for their unemployed. My aunt is unemployed up there and said she is into her EB and didn't miss any pay......

Old 05-04-2009, 02:42 PM

I meant "no", not know, lol

Old 05-04-2009, 02:47 PM

72 posts, read 164,318 times
Quote:
I think the only choice we have is wait until we get these letters..and if it is calculated showing no retro and no checks until July we have got to do something..by then this week coming up we should have alot more details. So I say lets dont March and have to weigh out the permit for that.. can't we just go to the state capitol and hold up signs..NELP OFFICALS NEED TO GET INVOLVED. LOOK AT THE WEBSITE HERE: go to the last two pages and dates.

[SIZE=3]Q & A T E R B ' N “E B ” S O - N 1.6 M W M Q A E 13 20 ...[/SIZE]

File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
4. Model Legislation to Implement State Extended Benefit Triggers .... 20 weeks of Extended Benefits will begin in Georgia on May 25, 2009. ...
www.nelp.org/page/-/UI/extended.benefits.feb.09.pdf - Similar pages

Old 05-04-2009, 03:04 PM

72 posts, read 164,318 times
IT STATES THIS WEEK "workers receiving EB AS OF MAY 3 2009"...? WHERE AND WHO ARE THEY SENDING THE FUND TO (OUR FRIGGEN COMMISSIONER?)LAST WEEK IT had APRIL 19 2009...SO IS THE RETO DATE APRIL 19??? I THINK SOMEONE ELSE ON THIS FORUM SAID THAT THEY THOUGHT THE DATE WAS APRIL 19 BECAUSE OF WHAT NELPS FORMAT SHOWED... THEY ARE BEING MISINFORMED IF THEY THINK WE ARE GETTING BENEFITS...WAS IT YOU WIZ? I WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO IT..BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE SAME THING.. MAYBE WE ALL NEED TO CONTACT ANDREW AT NELP..I FORGOT HIS EMAIL ADDRESS ANYONE HAVE IT LETS ALL EMAIL HIM TODAY....AND ALL THE REPS IF ANYONE HAVE EMAILS POST THEM...LETS DO THIS..ACCORDING TO MY RESEARCH georgia is the only one who is delaying the EB PROGRAM..the astros on the formats on nelp web site are only on georgia showing it begins may 25

Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Quote:

i think it was NJ, Ca, and ohio. I havent paid attn for a bit to the nelp data but i'll do some searching on google and comeup with the dates it passed legis.signed by gov and when the people actually got it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or