U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM

309 posts, read 595,127 times

Advertisements

update on Hb581
Latest Actions
  • 04/14/2009 - House Sent to Governor
  • 04/03/2009 - House Agree Senate Amend or Sub
  • 03/30/2009 - Senate Third Read
  • 03/30/2009 - Senate Passed/Adopted
  • 03/26/2009 - Senate Committee Favorably Reported

Old 04-16-2009, 06:19 PM

462 posts, read 902,406 times
I am beginning to understand all this political jargon, and that is a frightening thought! I finally figured out who qualifies for EB.

Eligibility period pertains to weeks in your benefit year which begin or end in an extended benefit period. Say you are in week 35 of your benefit year and it is an EB period you qualify. If it is an EB period and your benefit year runs out, you qualify.

Eligibility period also means the period in which an individual is eligible for EUC. So, if you are collecting EUC you qualify. If your EUC runs out during an EB period, you qualify.

Here is the tricky part: You are an exhaustee if your benefit year has expired prior to an EB period, and you have no or insufficient wages of which you can establish a new benefit period. As an exhaustee you can still qualify for EB.

FYI, a benefit year is a period of 52 consecutive calendar weeks beginning with the first day of the week in which an individual files an application for benefits.

I hope this makes sense

Old 04-16-2009, 07:10 PM

160 posts, read 491,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS200 View Post
I am beginning to understand all this political jargon, and that is a frightening thought! I finally figured out who qualifies for EB.

Eligibility period pertains to weeks in your benefit year which begin or end in an extended benefit period. Say you are in week 35 of your benefit year and it is an EB period you qualify. If it is an EB period and your benefit year runs out, you qualify.

Eligibility period also means the period in which an individual is eligible for EUC. So, if you are collecting EUC you qualify. If your EUC runs out during an EB period, you qualify.

Here is the tricky part: You are an exhaustee if your benefit year has expired prior to an EB period, and you have no or insufficient wages of which you can establish a new benefit period. As an exhaustee you can still qualify for EB.

FYI, a benefit year is a period of 52 consecutive calendar weeks beginning with the first day of the week in which an individual files an application for benefits.

I hope this makes sense
I understand alittle, if you exhaust UI through 2nd Tier EUB that puts you at about 1 yr.

Please take it from there, thanks for posting.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:17 AM

75 posts, read 193,389 times
I suggest that we start a march or stage a sit in at the Governor Office, to let him know how serious we are about his lack of getting this bill signed. None of this makes any sense as to why it take so long to issue out funds that is just sitting there in some account, when there are people going hungry and at the verge of being homeless. I feel everyone in every state has suffered enough just sitting back waiting for our Representatives to do their jobs. We need ACTION now!!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 01:41 PM

309 posts, read 595,127 times
if you notice the uneployment rate was down a percent this week,gee ya think its cause so many of us dropped off the rolls....

Old 04-17-2009, 01:59 PM

20 posts, read 58,554 times
Sonny Perdue of Ga. has signed the bill, Now they want to wait six more weeks till they pay any $. In some other states EB is already paying. Michael Thurmond is to blame....says THEY need time to get systems up. His check is still coming!!!!! CALL AND COMPLAIN TO HIM. My checks stopped over a month ago and 9.2 % unemployment.....comon man quit draggin your feet!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2009, 02:28 PM

727 posts, read 990,879 times
They are pulling a bank routine-money will go in an account and draw interest for 6 weeks. Betcha. M. Thurmond has known for weeks that this was a done deal. It's ridiculous...and although this doesn't improve anyones situation-just know you aren't alone. I'm right there with you.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post
if you notice the uneployment rate was down a percent this week,gee ya think its cause so many of us dropped off the rolls....
I think that is exactly what happened. I for one dropped off this week

Old 04-17-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabethrn View Post
Sonny Perdue of Ga. has signed the bill, Now they want to wait six more weeks till they pay any $. In some other states EB is already paying. Michael Thurmond is to blame....says THEY need time to get systems up. His check is still coming!!!!! CALL AND COMPLAIN TO HIM. My checks stopped over a month ago and 9.2 % unemployment.....comon man quit draggin your feet!!!!!!!!!!
Where did you read this???

Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 PM

75 posts, read 193,389 times
Governor Perdue has not sign the bill for EB benefits yet, but he's in the process to do so. So in the mean time we're suppose to just sit back and let the walls come tumbling down around us. Thurmond and Perdue both will reap what they sow. May 25 is still five weeks away, where will you be at that point? Many of us will be homeless............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or