U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:19 PM

10,892 posts, read 9,871,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowCaver View Post
Hey Katsmeeyow - any new news/developments? Keep meaning to post, but between work, house, and other threads kept slippin my noggin.
Anyhow, I did ROFL reading your post above - yea,,, the natives here at times don't know how to take my phrases nor manners at times...
Oh, well, they're just a bunch of hoosiers anyways... Again, good luck, and please post on your travels, 'k?

Hey!!! Well, we have made a final decision to move to (drum rollllll please....) CHICKAMAUGA Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It really was a hard decision to make. I feel quite good about finally deciding!!!

NOW, we have to find a place to rent, either a house or apartment. If anyone knows of a property management company, or a good place to rent from within chickamauga, please let me know.

We probably will be moving right after the first of the year. I am soooooo excited and looking forward to it. I am also wondering how we are going to cram all of our stuff into an apartment if that is the route we take. Perhaps leasing a house would be the better idea??? Anyhow, just so glad to be moving away from "Agony" Ga to Chickybaby!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynurse33 View Post
*I'm with Cotton! I love it here in NW Ga. and I haven't had a hard time "fitting in or being accepted" either. I'm also the mother of 2 who are actively involved in athletics at Gordon Lee High and Middle School and they LOVE it here.. Said the don't want to "ever move back to Atlanta".
*Weather is great. No 6' snow drifts!!
*I have absolutely no problem with DSL etc..
*Great little town with a lot on either side of you.

*I work in Chattanooga, but the tax deal makes no difference to me. As a single mother of 2, I always pay enough in to get plenty back! That's my gift to myself each tax season!!

*I definately think you ought to check it out! Great with history, but small hometown surroundings where everyone becomes everyones family!!

Best of luck to you!

Thanks for your input!! I really appreciate all the info anyone can give!!! Sounds like Chickamauga is the place to be! Take care!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:27 PM

4,679 posts, read 10,848,239 times
Katsmeeyow - that is excellent! Congrats, and trust all goes well for yas the rest of the journey. Stay in touch, 'eh, and post w/ any other questions!

Sorry, don't know of any prop management firms nor rentals, but can do some digging.

Yea, maybe leasing w/ to buy option might be available or good?

Old 11-16-2007, 06:52 PM

Thanks for the kind words! yeah, as we pack, I am sooooooo thinking a house to rent or lease is going to be the best bet! Thanks for any "diggin" you can do.....I am really having difficulty finding anything on-line. The newspapers are geared so the classifieds reference a particular section or area, and I have no clue where they are!! LOL

Take care!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:53 AM

20 posts, read 86,238 times
Kats,
If you haven't already, check out realtor.com. You can search available houses, condos etc by searching on the town or zip code you are interested in.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunga07 View Post
Kats,
If you haven't already, check out realtor.com. You can search available houses, condos etc by searching on the town or zip code you are interested in.

Thanks for the idea, Gunga! Sometimes I think that I keep looking for alternative websites to the ones I have seen, that I forget the "tried & true" ones. I can get "bogged down" in some websites and end up segwaying into a totally different interest! Take care!

Old 02-18-2008, 02:51 PM

2 posts, read 3,762 times
I believe I already commented on one of your post. But, will again. The NW corner of Ga. is great unless you are of color. Very small percentage of blacks in Trenton, Chickamauga area.Chick. is VERY rich in civil war history and the locals are very proud of their little town!There are confederate flags everywhere you look. Trenton is a beautiful mountain town with amazing views from anywhere in the town.
If your looking for more deverse, more shopping, more jobs...Chattanooga(no state tax) might be the place for you. I would suggest going and visiting first and seeing for yourself.Good luck.

Old 04-03-2008, 03:10 PM

3 posts, read 4,536 times
I also am looking to move from the Albany/Agony area with my 2 school age kids to the Walker or Chatooga Co. areas. I want to rent for a while also. I want the small town area don't care much about the city and wouldn't care if I did have to drive 20 min to the grocery store. Not sure how you feel but I (we) have to get out of this black hole down here to the mountain air and a better life!!!

Old 04-05-2008, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdouthit View Post
I also am looking to move from the Albany/Agony area with my 2 school age kids to the Walker or Chatooga Co. areas. I want to rent for a while also. I want the small town area don't care much about the city and wouldn't care if I did have to drive 20 min to the grocery store. Not sure how you feel but I (we) have to get out of this black hole down here to the mountain air and a better life!!!
I am soooo feelin your pain! We were just up in LaFayette yesterday and FINALLY have nailed down a house (pardon the pun)!!! We had one all set to rent, but it fell through at the last minute. We found one that is not quite finished yet so I get to pick out the paint, carpet, flooring etc... Yippee!!! We will probably end up buying it, that's why the guy is moving walls around for me!

I have heard WONDERFUL things about the Chickamauga school system! A lot of people I have talked to have said that inside the city limits of Chickamauga is the place to be if you have school age kids - but I think compared to what you are used to if your kids are in Dougherty County schools, any area here is going to be a huge relief to you!

Call Penland Realty in Chickamauga. The lady that owns it and her son have a lot of rental property.

Good luck to you!

Old 04-07-2008, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the rep, shadowcaver! And HOW ARE YOU!!!! You must be hanging out in them ole Yankee areas again! Seriously, haven't seen ya around in a while. Hope everything and everyone are well! I guess you see from the above post that we are leasing/buying a house in Lafayette? I am still a little rattled that the other place we were going to rent in Rock Spring fell through, but I think everything happens for a reason and if that one hadn't of fallen through, we would not have found this house that I am getting to actually move walls to suit me!!! I hope hope hope everything goes well with this one. We have to go back up there and finalize some paperwork so I am on pins and needles until everything is a done deal!!!

Take care!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia