Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 09:04 PM

726 posts, read 3,590,216 times

Advertisements

Letters to the editor | SavannahNow.com
Letters to the editor
Opinion | Editorial
Saturday, September 8, 2007 at 12:30 am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 10:12 PM

276 posts, read 1,123,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels36 View Post
What are the best small towns in GA? Small meaning pop. of 6,000 or below. We were looking at relocating to Fl but are wondering if GA would not be better. We are looking mostly in the southern GA area but would be interested on info on any small towns throughout the state that might be a fit for us.
What is it that you are looking for exactally? I live in FL and am moving to GA. You post is vaque in regards to what you are looking for other than a small town of less than 6K. What type of lifestyle do you want to live, are you a shopper, are schools important to you at all? Are you looking to transfer jobs? Fill in the blanks ..Give some particulars as in likes and dislike and any info on what you would like to "fit you" and your prefernces and Im sure you will get plenty of good and useful information in your quest..Good Luck..Lisa

Old 09-09-2007, 11:13 AM

12 posts, read 57,164 times
we are also looking to relocate to ga around columbus area but i was looking for a smaller town with good schools as we have kids 10,9,5 i will be working at fort benning base and dont mind a 30 min commute to and from work can any one help me find a low crime rate town with decent education?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:07 PM

6 posts, read 23,009 times
Check out Home | DaculaGA.gov

Old 09-14-2007, 08:13 PM

150 posts, read 393,170 times
That is a very small town. I would recommend considering Smiths Station, AL. Why Smiths Station , AL. do you ask? Because it is a small town of 4,470 people, but is convenient to Columbus, GA.-only 15 minutes away- which has a population of almost 200,000. I live here and you cannot even tell that you live right under Columbus, GA. Smiths Station is a quiet, crime free town with excellent housing rates. If you guys are retiring, try Phenix City, AL. It is located directly across the river from Columbus and has a population of 40,000. Several new condos and hotels are being built on the river. Check out their website!

Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 PM

150 posts, read 393,170 times
Try Smiths Station, AL. It is only 15 minutes from Columbus, Ga. line and 25 minutes from Fort Benning. It has the best schools in the area and no crime. Its population is 4,500 people but its schools have an attendance of over 5,000 total. Check out website!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanley View Post
If you have schoolage children, you do not want a small town in Georgia!
I am considering relocating to a small town in GA but have concerns due to your comment. May you please tell me why I should not move to a small town with schoolage children.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:39 PM

15 posts, read 61,625 times
We just purchased a home in southernmost Richmond County almost on the Burke County line and about 6 miles closer to Waynesboro than to midtown Augusta. We got a good deal on a fix-er-upper in a rural area on a dirt road not far from Bennock Mill Road. What can anyone tell us about the character of the place? It would seem that the nearest grocery is Food Lion on 56 about 9 miles north. The map shows a community just south called McBean. What is in McBean, exactly? Any info gratefully received.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,375 times
Default Small town in GA

Hi! I moved to Rockmart, GA, (NE GA)from Alabama 3 1/2 years ago. Having been raised in Birmingham, I was a city girl, but I'll tell you... I LOVE this town! The people here are wonderful! The schools are terrific, much better than most public schools, and I'm a retired teacher! I work part time now with a non profit, so I'm in the schools alot and see first hand what goes on from the perspective of a teacher and a parent! The businesses are friendly and most are personable. We are far enough from Atlanta to maintain a small town atmosphere, but small enough for that small town closeness if you want it in your church or neighborhood. People are not exclusive like many small towns, either. Rockmart is growing and adjusting well, but I think they will always maintain their small town friendliness. I highly recommend them!

Old 09-21-2008, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 7,301 times
girl, you don't want fla. i live in south fla and it is all spanish. stick to north fl, or ga
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia