Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,743 times

Advertisements

I read where some smaller places north of Atlanta;ga were the best for living, sports elementary and high school,and friendliness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 04:52 PM

63 posts, read 283,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorjp2006 View Post
we are also looking to relocate to ga around columbus area but i was looking for a smaller town with good schools as we have kids 10,9,5 i will be working at fort benning base and dont mind a 30 min commute to and from work can any one help me find a low crime rate town with decent education?
I would definitely say Harris County in Cataula, Waverly Hall, Hamilton, Ellerslie, Fortson...one of those areas. Pine Mountain or Shiloh are nice but might be too far out for you. I don't know which elementary school is the best in the county, but I have always heard good things about Park Elementary, which is in Hamilton. I would stay away from the Whitesville area.
If you do Muscogee County in Columbus I think your best bet is North, toward Harris County.
Definitely stay away from Meriwether County. Also, I don't know for sure but I have always heard that Alabama schools aren't as good as the ones in Georgia. I DO know that they pay their teachers A LOT less, which took it off our list.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,440 times
I want to move back to Georgia, My husband and I are retiring and would like to live in a small town not too far from a bigger town for shopping,etc. I grew up in middle Georgia in a small town called Alamo, GA. I think I would like to move to a place similiar, but not too far from good hospital or shopping. I actually lived in the country. I like the area around Bonaire, GA.

Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM

15 posts, read 61,630 times
We moved to Richmond County, GA nearly four years ago and live in an area in the country where most are survivalists. Didn't know there WERE such people before moving here. While we've no plans to sell, I wondered whether Georgia has any small antebellum towns we could visit? I love such places. Everything around here seems so new....

Old 06-09-2014, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,561 times
I know this thread is a few years but just looking for some pros and cons about talking rock,ga me and the wife and kids are moving to northern,ga in August and have an offer in on a house there and just looking for goods and bads about that area. Thanks

Old 06-11-2014, 11:24 PM

29 posts, read 58,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanley View Post
If you have schoolage children, you do not want a small town in Georgia!
^^^THIS^^^ (I would add......especially South Georgia and near Vidalia)

I just started a thread about the crime in Vidalia and the surrounding areas. Drugs are corrupting this formerly quiet and quaint rural area. We've lived in this area for close to 10 years and are trying to relocate due to the increase in crime. Seriously, you don't want to raise children in the Vidalia area.

Some folks who were born and raised here may overlook the truth and continue with their fond memories of yesterday, but things have changed drastically down here. It's truly sad.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/georg...aking-bad.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia