U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 10:20 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 3,535,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget1970 View Post
Beautiful area. Close to the action but not right in amongst it. Small town atmosphere but still large enough that I can go to the grocery store without any makeup on and not run into anyone I know. If I had a choice between Brunswick and Kingsland/St. Marys, it would be Kingsland/St. Marys area. The crime stats in Glynn County are just awful compared to Camden County. I love this area but fiance and I are moving to Brantley County so that we can open a motocross track. I have a house for sale in Kingsland (just outside the city limits) if anyone is interested.
Seriously ????
You are the first person I have came across moving to Brantley. Are you familiar with the Speedway here ?

Being how this is kind of "off topic" I will Private Message you if you don't mind. q
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Location: Boonies of Georgia ~~~~ nuttier than a squirrel turd !
1,950 posts, read 3,535,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by widget1970 View Post
Beautiful area. Close to the action but not right in amongst it. Small town atmosphere but still large enough that I can go to the grocery store without any makeup on and not run into anyone I know. If I had a choice between Brunswick and Kingsland/St. Marys, it would be Kingsland/St. Marys area. The crime stats in Glynn County are just awful compared to Camden County. I love this area but fiance and I are moving to Brantley County so that we can open a motocross track. Moderator cut: Removed

I'm sorry. In my previous post, I said that I would P.M. you, but failed to realize that you may noy have P.M. privelages yet.

Old 08-09-2007, 11:26 AM

100 posts, read 228,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theqbaby View Post
I'd have to agree. Although I have no "stats" to go by, I have been in S.E. Georgia for only a year, and have seen lots of growth in that time. In a years time, I have seen 7 McMansions go up on one street in Brunswick, and it is not a community.
We relocated from S.Florida due to my husbands job in construction. His work is mostly on Sea Island, which at this time he will have alteast 3 years for the project he is on. Then they are working on another large development one exit south on 95 (Camden County ? not sure) which should be about 5 years.
So yes, I would have to agree that the area will be changing, and rapidly at that. IMO
Camden county is growing but alot of it is in the north end where there was not alot going on already. You have some stretchs along 95 where there does not seem to be anything off those exits except alot of empty land.

A few years ago Glynn county put restrictions on the number of new wells that can be put in because of salt water leeching into the water supply so the planning started for the North end of Camden County. It is now starting to happen.

Coastal Georgia--especially the southern end--is not like alot of previously over populated places. We still have plenty of open land. The last aerial picture I saw I was surprised out how much of the county really is all trees.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:37 PM

5 posts, read 23,997 times
I would build a new home in Kingsland if I were to move here again (which is exactly what we did 9 years ago) ithas since gained a Super Walmart,a Lowes Home Improvement Store a Ruby Tuesdays, we are supposedly getting an IHOP soon .... talk of a Mall that never materialized ..... its a very boring town with a large potential ... most of the jobs seem to be on Kings Bay Submarine Base ... but we are centrally located to alot of fun places like Jacksonville,Orlando,Daytona Beach,Hilton Head SC ... not alot of crime that I know of as compared to Jacksonville .... the bars are pretty much dead ... very few women compared to amounts of men in them ..... but Jacksonvilles pretty dead recently as well ......... it's an ok place to live

Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM

5 posts, read 23,997 times
oh yah and as far as the Hospital,my wife had our son at the Southeast Medical Center Hospital in St Marys in July ... the hospital is AWSOME !!! at least the Maternity ward ... we've made at least 5 trips to the Emergency Room since we have lived here and always felt great about our medical services,I like the Coastal Bank for banking,yards and homes are bigger here than in Jax,job market isnt that great but you may try to create your own business here which is what i have done in the trucking and financial markets like Insurance and Mortgages .... but it depends on your profession

Old 10-11-2007, 09:17 PM

2 posts, read 10,975 times
Default Didn't see any place to stop???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
I was down thru there just two weeks ago. Kingsland is a pretty bleak little town. You can drive thru town on rt. 40 in less than 2 minutes even at the speed limit. I didn't stop to spend the night.... didn't see any place to stop...or get something to eat for that matter. There maybe nicer areas outside of town...but I didn't see any...it all looked pretty depressed to me. I have to assume the residents commute to Jacksonville Fl for employment and medical services etc. I saw nothing that would make me take a second look.

That sounds silly!

Old 10-11-2007, 10:29 PM

1,374 posts, read 4,834,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
That sounds silly!
That may sound silly but that's the facts jack and it's born out by other comments here.
There is NOTHING to down town Kingsland...nothing...zero.
There is development along RT 40 + /- 1 mile from I-95 if you consider a string of fast food stops and Lowes to be the hieght of progress.

But to the original point...there is no reason to stop in downtown kingsland and yes I was just back thru that way again in july 07.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia