U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2007, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 7,048 times

Advertisements

I am planning a move to North Ga. and would like the names of several local newspapers. I want to have a weekly paper sent to me to understand the local issues (real estate, crime, taxes, government ,etc.) in the area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 03:53 AM

168 posts, read 586,722 times
Try the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: www.ajc.com. There are others, but the AJC is the dominating paper.

Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 AM

1,418 posts, read 9,630,725 times
You could check out the Clayton Tribune - Clayton Ga's local newspaper. Not much crime up in those parts. Each town, however, can be quite different from each other in terms of local issues and politics. Reading Clayton's paper won't given you any insight into Elijay or Blue Ridge.

Old 04-16-2007, 10:47 AM

3,258 posts, read 8,315,346 times
Gwinnett daily post and further north gainesville times.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:07 AM

27 posts, read 115,142 times
It your thinking about moving to North Georgia,as in,the North Georgia Mountains,really do your homework.I lived in the North Georgia mountains for 25 years and it has chaged alot,but you will now find increasing land and housing costs as well as very few jobs and those you do find will pay very little.With the influx of people(my county population size tripled in 25 years)you will still find the "good olr boy" politics in effect but it is changing as well.The people are abit standoffish as with any small area until they get to know you,and it took me about 6 months.Plenty of nice weather as compared to the north of even Florida,alot less crime altho you do now have to lock your doors which we didn't have to do years ago.inexpensive utilities because of the weather and very lowwwww taxes which is a nice perk altho even those are going up.ANd with the newer 4 lanes hwys it's only a nice 2 hour commute to see or work in Atlanta or an hour to Gainsville.I left to come out to the northwest with even fewer people,my choice.I do miss the weather but I pay even lower taxes etc where I live now and don't have to lock my doors ever,but go for it,as it is alot better than Florida or up north as they say,Good Luck

Old 04-18-2007, 09:32 AM

726 posts, read 3,377,761 times
http://www.accessnorthga.com/

Old 04-29-2007, 06:15 PM

6 posts, read 41,272 times
Default Surprised no one

mentioned "The News Observer" or "Times Courier" Below are the websites

http://www.nganews.com/ Blairsville newspaper
http://www.thenewsobserver.com/ Blue Ridge newspaper
http://www.pickensprogress.com/ Jasper newspaper
http://www.timescourier.com/ Ellijay newspaper

Old 04-29-2007, 08:59 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,562,762 times
Thumbs up North Ga is Booming--

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska315 View Post
It your thinking about moving to North Georgia,as in,the North Georgia Mountains,really do your homework.I lived in the North Georgia mountains for 25 years and it has chaged alot,but you will now find increasing land and housing costs as well as very few jobs and those you do find will pay very little.With the influx of people(my county population size tripled in 25 years)you will still find the "good olr boy" politics in effect but it is changing as well.The people are abit standoffish as with any small area until they get to know you,and it took me about 6 months.Plenty of nice weather as compared to the north of even Florida,alot less crime altho you do now have to lock your doors which we didn't have to do years ago.inexpensive utilities because of the weather and very lowwwww taxes which is a nice perk altho even those are going up.ANd with the newer 4 lanes hwys it's only a nice 2 hour commute to see or work in Atlanta or an hour to Gainsville.I left to come out to the northwest with even fewer people,my choice.I do miss the weather but I pay even lower taxes etc where I live now and don't have to lock my doors ever,but go for it,as it is alot better than Florida or up north as they say,Good Luck
In rare spots it may be 'like this'.

The economic growth has brought diversity and a more progressive spirit.

If you cannot find work there--then you really are looking hard enough.

Visit and research and form your own opinion--guess you have if you are moving there. Beautiful environment and all kinds of possibilities.

jmo

sls

Old 04-29-2007, 09:04 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,562,762 times
Thumbs up Most newspapers have websites, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce1288 View Post
I am planning a move to North Ga. and would like the names of several local newspapers. I want to have a weekly paper sent to me to understand the local issues (real estate, crime, taxes, government ,etc.) in the area.

LOL--to really understand local and state issues--go to >>>boortz.com.

Libertarian talk show host on WSB 750 AM--he is thorough.

But, yes to really keep up with a particular community you need a local paper.

sls
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia