Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2009, 03:22 PM

14 posts, read 54,109 times

Advertisements

Hopefully sometime next year, I will be moving to either of these two states. I have a toddler and I do have a friend that presently lives in Warner Robins, GA and I do know some individuals that live in Newark DE. Thing is I have been sending out resumes from here to both states and no ones called I guess the economy being what it is who has time for an out of stater when people locally need jobs. I do administrative work and have much experience in this field i'm so desperate to move im contemplating moving with like a years worth of rent and food money and getting a job when I reach my destination (just tired of the after this, before that, in a few months and I end up stuck in the same state when the dust clears). But before I jump out the window I just wanted to get some feedback on both areas Warner Robins, GA and Newark DE I should probably post in the Delaware forum too. Thanks for reading and your feedback is appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2009, 05:12 PM

11 posts, read 47,332 times
I've never been to Delaware but WR is pretty boring. All the decent jobs are on the base and at the tech schools.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,711,473 times
I used to be stationed in Dover ,DE but grew up mainly in W.R.Newark is bigger and closer to Philly and Wilmington.Also closer to the beaches.So that makes it more fun ,but also more costly and higher crime.(nothing major in either case ,but noticeable).Warner Robins is a great place to raise kids and the crime is much lower than in Newark but not much to do except drive to Atlanta every now and then on a weekend or for a day.Your money would definitely go further in Warner Robins.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:58 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,062,806 times
I was about to ask, Afonega1 how could Newark, DE..a city with a listed POP. of 29,000 be bigger than Warner Robins....but after noticing about 8 or 9 listed towns under "nearest cities" all under 2.5 milies away and most of them with populations more than 10-20,000....I guess it is a larger. City limit populations can be so misleading.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:56 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,711,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
I was about to ask, Afonega1 how could Newark, DE..a city with a listed POP. of 29,000 be bigger than Warner Robins....but after noticing about 8 or 9 listed towns under "nearest cities" all under 2.5 milies away and most of them with populations more than 10-20,000....I guess it is a larger. City limit populations can be so misleading.
True.Its a continuous bunch of municipalities that run together.More congestion and traffic.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:04 PM

4 posts, read 17,079 times
newark warner robbins is so boring delaware is stunning, check out the brandwine river valley near wilmington too if can just georgeus
there

Old 06-20-2009, 05:11 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,969,490 times
Warner Robins is a fine, dandy place to live, but so is Newark, Delaware. Newark is in a part of Delaware with easy access to both Philadelphia and Washington D.C. 2 excellent cities that are right at your fingertips with a ton of things to do with your children. You are not too terribly far away from New York City as well!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:35 AM

14 posts, read 55,125 times
W/R is not bad, but you're correct in your assessment of the economy here. It's been slow for a while now. Housing is not too bad, although some of the prices are a little high in my mind. Schols are pretty good for the area, better than Macon as i understand it. Pretty good access to either shopping, restaurants, or a country drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia