U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-19-2007, 11:31 AM

39 posts, read 154,601 times
Default Loganville And Grayson, Georgia ????

Looking for small communities with good schools outside of Atlanta area. Preferably Northeast area. Have family in Charlotte so would be nice to be able to get to the 85 easily.

Anyone out there from Grayson or Loganville areas......or even Snellville. Can you give me any feedback on these areas......Good areas to raise a family? Have three small children..........also two dogs. Would like neighborhoods that have larger yards so not a cramped feeling. Likes and dislikes about these areas?

thanks so much...........
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 05:16 PM

44 posts, read 198,869 times
Well I grew up in Monroe, which is 10 miles down the road from Loganville. Both Loganville and Grayson has grown over the years, Grayson use to have one red light. Funny how that happens.

Both are good areas. Although they have both grown over the years, they still have the feel of a small town, which I love. Crime rates are low, schools are outstanding, in fact, alot of people from Monroe move to Loganville because of the schools.
Like you stated the are both near 316 which leads to interstate 85, also HWY 78, which leads straight into Athens GA. There is plenty of shopping in near by areas, Snellville, Duluth, Lawrenceville, great place to relocate

Old 04-21-2007, 10:44 PM

105 posts, read 331,939 times
Default I also want to move to the NE section of Atlanta

Take a peek at Suwanee. I just got back from visiting the area, and looked at Grayson, and although growing, it felt too remote and country for my taste. It wasn't bad - don't get me wrong...but more track houses versus established communities. I didn't really give Snellville enough of a chance when we were there (ran out of time)...but check out Suwanee. It was my favorite, and right near most of the communities that you mentioned.

Also...maybe a bit further out...but John's Creek might be another area to check out.

Old 04-22-2007, 05:35 AM

612 posts, read 1,925,960 times
I live in Snellville (outside the city limits) and there are some beautiful places to live. In my small subdivision for example, you cannot put a home on less than an acre and most homes in the area have quite a bit of land. There are some great parks--I live near Lenora Park. The elementary and middle schools are pretty good from my research ( I have a 3 year old) but the high school is not good.

We recently moved from Florida and love it here. We have friends that moved here from Florida too and are around the corner in Loganville and are happy and have kids in the elementary and middle schools and are pleased with them.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:45 PM

91 posts, read 342,647 times
DobieFamily
I sent you a private message.
The places you are looking at are very nice areas. Sprawl is creeping it's way up here, but in my opinion not taking over the towns.
Suwannee is also very nice, but tends to be more expensive than Lawrenceville, Grayson, Snellville etc.
DB

Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 AM

6 posts, read 15,375 times
My husband and I are moving from Tucker to Loganville in about 3 weeks. We had relocated from Dallas, TX and settled temporarily in Tucker to be close to his work and do some research. Loganville is DEFINETLY a great place to live! We are expecting our first baby in about 5 weeks and needed a good, safe place to raise her!

Good Luck!!

Old 05-01-2007, 08:30 AM

104 posts, read 371,148 times
We just bought a new home in Grayson and can't wait to move in. We did a lot of research and found Grayson to be just what we were looking for. We have 4 small children, so I wanted to raise them in a safe enviornment that had excellent schools. After checking out all of our options, I found Grayson to be the place for us. It's got this very comfortable country charm to it, the parks are wonderful (check out Tribble Mill Park if you come for a visit) and the schools are EXCELLENT!
Grayson and Loganville are about 15 minutes from Snellville, which is where you'll find plenty of shopping. You're also about 25 minutes from the Mall of Georgia, which is wonderful!

Old 05-12-2007, 06:26 PM

5 posts, read 33,371 times
Does anyone know anything about great churches in Loganville area???

Old 05-13-2007, 06:21 AM

612 posts, read 1,925,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinatolotski View Post
Does anyone know anything about great churches in Loganville area???
I attend Gracepointe in Grayson. It is the next town over from Loganville. All I can say is that I have never attended a church by choice until someone invited me to Gracepointe, and now I look forward to going every week.

Old 05-13-2007, 12:36 PM

75 posts, read 216,275 times
You would find exactly what you are describing. Both Loganville (walton County) and Grayson offer fantasic schools and lots of activities for families. I think you should google these areas and see what you can find. Happy hunting
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia