U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-01-2009, 03:27 PM
 
543 posts, read 762,602 times
Reputation: 40
Augusta is bigger than Macon right? Macon trying to get on Augusta's level. Augusta big amounts of jobs coming to our metro, big sporting events, huge construction and growing population. Whats going on in Macon? A new mall, that has the same stores as the old? a few renderings of proposed condos?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-01-2009, 03:40 PM
 
Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,077 posts, read 6,551,268 times
Reputation: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
Well to be honest out of the Second tier Cities Macon and Augusta Has the most activities going and which are very similar and about on the same scale... and I have to facts to prove it..............
Okay post big events, i.e. thousands of people. That went on this year, or are planned for Macon in 2009. Provide links. You can even use suburbs to help your cause.

Their are still people in Downtown Augusta after 6-7pm everday. Its not as vibrant as Savannah's downtown. Savannah is very popular city among tourist. But downtown Augusta is alot more vibrant than downtown Macon. Even without these events or activities. Just on a regular day its busier. But we can play your game. I doubt Macon has more events than Savannah either. Macon might have more than Columubs, Im not sure though.

Last edited by nortonguy; 08-01-2009 at 04:07 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 03:55 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
119 posts, read 187,166 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This "Proper Cities" stuff has got to go. They are what they are, consolidated Cities/Counties.

And sorry, but nobody in Bibb County is rushing to join forces with the City of Macon. Why do you think people keep going further and further out?
I agree, even if Macon/Bibb consolidated, Macon would still be a lot smaller than both Augusta and Columbus. Why is nobody referencing this?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 04:21 PM
 
396 posts, read 595,951 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABOY84 View Post
I agree, even if Macon/Bibb consolidated, Macon would still be a lot smaller than both Augusta and Columbus. Why is nobody referencing this?
I hate to say it but why aren't people referencing how stupid you make you self sound;as Augusta-Richmond County is 302.1,Columbus/Muscogee County is only 220 Sq Miles; Macon/Bibb County would be 255 Sq miles so when did 220 become alot larger than 255................. Macon 35 sq miles LARGER than Columbus with about 28000 less of pop.... Augusta would be larger about 47 sq miles and 32000 people.... Not a BIG difference to me.......
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 04:34 PM
 
Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
6,077 posts, read 6,551,268 times
Reputation: 565
Macon may feel more ''big city'' than Columbus. The city has two interstates and a shorter interstate running through it. Columbus has 188,000 in Muscougee county. Which is larger than 155,000 Bibb county in Macon.

I still waiting for the activites in Macon. On the scale with Augusta in 2009. I think you need to list your events against Columbus first. Then if you win, I''ll post a few events in Augusta. Macon is not on Augusta's level.

Last edited by nortonguy; 08-01-2009 at 04:43 PM..
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 05:07 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
119 posts, read 187,166 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
I hate to say it but why aren't people referencing how stupid you make you self sound;as Augusta-Richmond County is 302.1,Columbus/Muscogee County is only 220 Sq Miles; Macon/Bibb County would be 255 Sq miles so when did 220 become alot larger than 255................. Macon 35 sq miles LARGER than Columbus with about 28000 less of pop.... Augusta would be larger about 47 sq miles and 32000 people.... Not a BIG difference to me.......
Regardless, Augusta and Columbus are significantly larger. That's all that really matters. Columbus has BRAC coming which is bringing 30,000+ people to the area. I am sure Augusta will be positively affected to some extent by BRAC as well.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 05:14 PM
 
44 posts, read 53,471 times
Reputation: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABOY84 View Post
Regardless, Augusta and Columbus are significantly larger. That's all that really matters. Columbus has BRAC coming which is bringing 30,000+ people to the area. I am sure Augusta will be positively affected to some extent by BRAC as well.
Augusta affected by BRAC?....brain freeze?
30k people to Columbus has been discussed numerous times and proven wrong time and time again.
Even the old poster who bragged about Humphries quit tooting his horn when the Selig fortune teller decided to change his tune after last employment numbers.
Selected topics....me thinks so.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 06:27 PM
 
543 posts, read 762,602 times
Reputation: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
Well to be honest out of the Second tier Cities Macon and Augusta Has the most activities going and which are very similar and about on the same scale... and I have to facts to prove it..............
Do you guys down in Macon have a four day basketball tournament that attracts more than 5,000 people to the area and several of college coaches from all over the country here scouting talent and looking for future NBA stars. No?

Imagine,for four days the 40 teams will compete as well as rack up restaurant and hotel bills. Giving the local economy a $1million shot in the arm anually. It call the Nike Peach Jam.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 06:58 PM
 
396 posts, read 595,951 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Mike View Post
Augusta is bigger than Macon right? Macon trying to get on Augusta's level. Augusta big amounts of jobs coming to our metro, big sporting events, huge construction and growing population. Whats going on in Macon? A new mall, that has the same stores as the old? a few renderings of proposed condos?
Thats the same thing that Macon has and is experiencing the same companies locating to the area creating jobs, There are Several Large Commercial and highway construction projects, Sport events, As well as entertainment events at the area venues and etc. are currently going on and etc..... What going on in Augusta is not so grand that sets it apart from Macon.... Do the research....For about everything that is happening in Augusta except for the Masters, I call Provide you proof of the same or similar project in Macon......
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2009, 07:00 PM
 
396 posts, read 595,951 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Macon may feel more ''big city'' than Columbus. The city has two interstates and a shorter interstate running through it. Columbus has 188,000 in Muscougee county. Which is larger than 155,000 Bibb county in Macon.

I still waiting for the activites in Macon. On the scale with Augusta in 2009. I think you need to list your events against Columbus first. Then if you win, I''ll post a few events in Augusta. Macon is not on Augusta's level.
I tell you what you make you list and i will match it with the one of Macon...... And we will see who Wins......As for Columbus lets not go there....
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top