U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 PM

400 posts, read 619,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABOY84 View Post
Regardless, Augusta and Columbus are significantly larger. That's all that really matters. Columbus has BRAC coming which is bringing 30,000+ people to the area. I am sure Augusta will be positively affected to some extent by BRAC as well.
You don't think the G-Ramp project is not going to do the same for Macon/warner robins... As for BRAC thats not even set in stone the government changes like the wind.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 07:10 PM

543 posts, read 791,671 times
where is your list guy?

Old 08-01-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Regardless, Augusta and Columbus are significantly larger.

NO regardless of what i say I can prove it to you guys all day long, until the cows come home that Macon out shine Columbus in every aspect and you still say Columbus larger. the fact is you guys just wants Columbus to out shine Macon and it does not.... So you can go on and on about how Columbus is on a higher level than Macon; but when ever Columbus finally gets something a Simple as a Kroger supermarket/commercial and retail for a city that is suppose to be 188k then we can start to compare it with Macon. If Columbus is so much larger than Macon why does Macon have More Major Venues, Lands major entertainment, more Sq ft of retail and offer some retail that not even in Columbus it it so much larger. I can name so much in Macon thats NOT in Columbus but yet and still you guys say it larger and can never list whats in Columbus that not in Macon.......

Old 08-01-2009, 07:25 PM

543 posts, read 791,671 times
You still havent proved Macon is on the same level as Augusta.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:36 PM

119 posts, read 193,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Mike View Post
or Columbus for that matter. I have no loyalty to Columbus or any 2nd tier city. But when you guys try to make a point that Macon has more to offer than Columbus or Augusta, I am sorry, but I will speak up. I work in all of these Georgia cities for my job. I know a lot about them. Trying to prove that Macon is better than Columbus because Macon has a Kroger is about the weakest argument I have ever seen. For economic ranking, I say Augusta, Columbus, and then Macon. Next 5 years it will be a hot race between Columbus and Augusta, with my belief that Columbus will be slightly ahead.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 PM

119 posts, read 193,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsontech View Post
Augusta affected by BRAC?....brain freeze?
30k people to Columbus has been discussed numerous times and proven wrong time and time again.
Even the old poster who bragged about Humphries quit tooting his horn when the Selig fortune teller decided to change his tune after last employment numbers.
Selected topics....me thinks so.
Selig is a credible source. Been to a lot of their meetings. BRAC is happening fast, remember, I work for economic development office, so I know more than anyone on this board on what's happening around the state. October will see the first big BRAC push to Columbus.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:48 PM

Quote:
where is your list guy?
Have read anything that I have posted I posted a huge list about 4-6 pages ago.......

Old 08-01-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Over and done with it clear that you have not read any of these posts i posted ahuge list countless thought these 4 forum about Macon, augusta, columbus and Savannah.....I also I made forum that track all the projects in Macon http://www.city-data.com/forum/georg...le-retail.html

Make sure you read further than the first 3-4 pages........

Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
or Columbus for that matter. I have no loyalty to Columbus or any 2nd tier city. But when you guys try to make a point that Macon has more to offer than Columbus or Augusta, I am sorry, but I will speak up. I work in all of these Georgia cities for my job. I know a lot about them. Trying to prove that Macon is better than Columbus because Macon has a Kroger is about the weakest argument I have ever seen. For economic ranking, I say Augusta, Columbus, and then Macon. Next 5 years it will be a hot race between Columbus and Augusta, with my belief that Columbus will be slightly ahead.

I'm not trying to use Kroger, its not only Kroger but a lot more, I have posted countless times all the several and huge projects in Macon....Not one time have these Columbus booster made a list of what Columbus has that set it on a much higher level than Macon.... For you to claim to spend much time in all the city it clear that yo have spent less time in Macon or yo just haven't been to the areas of growth..... alot of you who has visited Macon an travel on the most know corridors like Eisen hower;....But that not where the hot area....... half of you guys probably have never been to East Macon which is about the size of Phoenix City

Hear is list of areas in Macon you need to check on your next visit...
Bass Rd.
Bowsman Rd.
Hartley Bridge
Houston Rd
Sardis Church Rd.
North Riverside Dr.
Zebulon Rd.
Rutland/south bibb county

As well as the current reconstruction of I475/75 interchange @ Hartley bridge Rd.
The Reconstruction of I-75 from pierce Ave to North Macon-Widen to 6lanes and reconstruction of new bridges and exit ramps......

As so the several new construction of hotels and residential project in Downtown......

Old 08-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
October will see the first big BRAC push to Columbus.

I CAN'T WAIT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia